Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pack Rats?

KansasHeadHunter

I have out 3 different ground blinds.Pack rats are building nest in them every time i check them.The big problem is that they are chewing up the bottom of the blinds so they can drag sticks underneath.I built some small boxes,baited them with corn and set little #110 conibears in front to block the entrance.I caught one the first night at one of the blinds.It may take a few nights but I'm sure I will get them.I was wondering if any of you guys have ever had this problem?What did you do?Poison doesn't seem to work.These dudes are tough. Do you have pack rats in Iowa? Just wondering because blinds are way to expensive to have chewed up by rats.

Man that is nasty, I couldnt hunt with rats hangin out with me
grin.gif

I have never run across them here in Iowa, even far southern Iowa. But I did evidence of them when I was in Kansas pheasant hunting. I guess we are lucky not to have them here.

Haven't seen any in Iowa but I was turkey hunting down there in KS last spring. I found out the hard way what the big pile of sticks was behind my turkey sitting tree. Those little bugers are fierce critters. They don't make nests out of sticks either those are logs in my book.

I flipped over my canoe the other day and found a barn-rat/sewer rat had made it its home under there. Thanks God I didn't shove off and find it crawling on me or we both may have drown!
grin.gif
You can cover me with snakes but don't get near me with a rat!
nono.gif
I have had problems with field mice, "The cute brown and white ones", in my blinds but never rats.

My mother in law is a pack rat and she lives in Iowa does that count. I dont want her in the blind with me either.

[ QUOTE ]
My mother in law is a pack rat and she lives in Iowa does that count. I dont want her in the blind with me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

waytogo.gif
jester.gif
peace.gif
sniper.gif
biggun.gif
rambo.gif
2guns.gif
yay.gif
bouncefire.gif
jester.gif

Insert picture of my garage here:

Never throw nuntin away cause the day after you do you will need it for something.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom