Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Plant Of The Week

Osenbaugh

This May be fun. Every week on Monday I will Post a plant of the week and the History and different information about it but I will not tell you the name you will have to quess and Friday before 5pm I will let you know

Here is your Clue.

This is a perennial warm season grass. It is found in open woods, prairies, meadows, along riverbanks, and roadsides. It is generally shorter in the northern portion of its range, and taller in the southern portion of its range. Found wild in every state and Canadian provenance east of the Rockies. But nowhere is it grander than in the southern Great Plains of northeastern Oklahoma and southwestern Kansas.

Sure nannyslayer This is an easyone just to get started I will be using wildflowers,grasses,weeds,sedges,shrubs some i will use pics of and others not

I would have to say either prairie cord grass, gama, little and big blue, indian, switch, or side oats /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I would guess little bluestem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cat Master</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wild Rye </div></div>

I would say that you nailed it!!!!

DANG IT SEIowaDeerSlayer, you beat me to that one!!!!!!!! Ok, that's pretty darn funny! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I've gotta go with the BB stem as well.

If not, maybe Indian grass.

Ok so there were a couple of you that got it BIG BLUESTEM is the right one if you got it right ill take 20% off your next seed order send me a pm with your name I will do this again Mon

Top Bottom