Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Popcans Shed His Velvet

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
I love this time of year. The weather is beginning to feel more and more like fall everyday. The crops are starting to turn, it's getting dark earlier, and whitetails are shedding their velvet. Personally, this is my favorite time of the year for trail cameras. I really enjoy putting up cams in hopes of getting great velvet shedding photos/vids.

For the past four years i've never really gotten good photos of Popcans shedding his velvet. It's such a quick process that sometimes its tough to catch them at the right time. Finally, I received some pretty decent photos/vids of Popcans just before shedding velvet, half-way between, and completely shed out. Hope you enjoy.

CDY_0240.jpg

CDY_0439.jpg

CDY_0494.jpg

CDY_0504.jpg

Comes back around two hours and twenty minutes later half-way shed out.

CDY_0576.jpg

CDY_0577.jpg

After partially shedding he comes back the next day and has mostly all of his velvet gone, but there is still some left around his left base.

CDY_0669.jpg

Maybe these weeds will help get it out? :grin:

CDY_0749.jpg

Those are some awesome pics and videos Chris! I hope you get a chance at the ol boy this fall.

Very interesting...

so for that deer anyway, he mostly shed his velvet in a matter of 2-3 hours. I always sort of thought it was a week long process or something.

Great series, good luck with him this fall!

That's awesome how you got pics of him in full velvet then its halfway off a couple hours later and he comes back. He sure does look all of 8 years, look how old his face looks, especially in the first picture, its all saggy.

Top Bottom