Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pressures on!

KansasHeadHunter

Not looking for sympathy, Just letting you all know what I’m getting ready to go through. 4 years ago I was loading goose decoys in my truck.My buddies was supposed to be there early that morning to help but they were running late so I decided to just load everything myself.In the process I ruptured a disc in my back.For the last 4 years I have been fighting back trouble.Over time I had another disc start to bulge.Last April I went under the knife to have both discs worked on.Everything seemed to be going well until a few weeks ago.I was hurting so bad I would even get sick to my stomach when I would eat.My wife kept telling me to go to the doctor but I told her I didn’t want to because bow season opens in a couple weeks(I haven’t missed a season in 24 years).Whats more important, my health or bow season, right?.Well I couldn’t stand it no more.I went and had a MRI done monday and got the bad news.One of the discs was doing all right but the one I ruptured 4 years ago is done.He wanted to do surgery ASAP but I asked him if I could put it off a little while longer and just take pain medication?He said that’s up to me if I could tolerate the pain.He asked me why I wanted to put it off and couldn’t believe it was to bowhunt.Some people just don’t understand how passionate we are about our sport(except for my wife).I’m scheduled for a major lower back surgery Nov. 6th. That is the latest he would schedule me.They are going to fuse 2 vertebreas with titanium rods and a plate.This is going to suck boys!
So,I have until Nov. 6th to harvest my buck and whack a few does and am out of vacation.I had to use my vacation last spring for the first operation.After this surgery I’ll be out of commission for a while.One thing I do have on my side is daylight savings is not until Nov. 4th this year.That will give me a little more time after work…………I know while I’m off work I’ll be glued to this site so I hope you all have a great season to entertain me. For my “07” archery season ,The pressure is on! Good luck guys!

Pat

Man that sucks i feel for you, good luck to you with the hunt and the surgery, hopefully the deer gods shine down on you early and you can get'er taken care of!

I empathize with your pain. BTDT. I had a bulging disk a few years back. I couldnt sit without intense pain. Pain so bad I called an 11 on the 1-10 scale. Being a programmer and sitting at a desk all day wasent working. The only comfort I could find was laying flat or standing. I ended up getting a Q-zone shot in my spine and that fixed me right up.

Hope you get it done early so you can rest and recoup....
and being glued to this site isnt a bad thing!!!

Good Luck

Good luck....hope that everything falls into place for ya. Especially that back of yours. Few things worse than a bad back.
blush.gif

Sure it may put the pressure on for this season, and may make this season not as bright as you wanted...but ultimately if it fixes the problem for good, just imagine how many more years of hunting you can get!!!

Keep positive, you'll be for the better, if you search for it.

watch your meds while in the stand. It could turn out alot worse. Back Pain sucks. You know it hurts when you can't muster enough strength to lift one of your legs to turn to get out of your vehicle. I spent 10 minutes trying to get to the dr. Good luck with your season and the back surgery.

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck....hope that everything falls into place for ya. Especially that back of yours. Few things worse than a bad back.
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know all about bad backs...I have 3 discs that are in rough shape. Non-stop maintance to stay of the table.

Good luck with your season and even more luck with your surgery.

kill the big one , then get patched up for next year . good luck !
waytogo.gif
p.s have your buddies drag the big one out of the woods for you!

Pat- I had a similar situation to yours. I found out that I needed to have spine surgery on my L4, four months before I was getting married. I was on high pain meds during that time. I would recommend staying off them as much as you can endure. I don't even remember my wedding day. I couldn't have surgery because, all the wedding plans were set in stone, and I wouldn't have been able to walk during the ceremony had I opted to go ahead with the surgery when the docs wanted to.

Anyways, good luck with the surgery, I was only 21 when I had mine, and I am as healthy as an ox now, and better than ever. No pain!! I wish you the best!

I feel your pain man. Give me any other pain other than back pain/spasms. People dont understand it when i try to explain the agony we back suffers go through. Have had back problems since 12 yrs. old. I hope you have a hell of a season and a speedy yet positive recovery!! Hang in there.

Good luck
My ma had that done a few years ago. Fixed her up good and she healed. Hopefully it works the same for you.

Top Bottom