Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pretty Boy decoy opinions.

Parker VH

Hi all,
I've had decent success the past couple of seasons using the Pretty Boy decoy with a real tail from a mature tom. I was wondering if anyone has had much luck using a jake tail instead? I was thinking it might be a good convincer to make a Tom come in to kick the Jakes butt. I know there's always times when one thing works and another won't. I'm just looking for opinions.
Thanks.

Depends on the demeanor of the bird. I always use a full fan. Cause that's the way I roll... :D I really do think if a bird is a fighter he will come to a full house just as soon as 3 of a kind. A fight is a fight and dominance is what they are after.

What Limb said.

I use the Terrible T.... Cause I'm the king of the shortbeards....

:D

Had 2 jakes stay just out of effective range for my son during the youth season last weekend. I had PB with a full fan out, and that's what I always use for myself, but it was obvious they wanted no piece of him. On that occasion I was wishing I'd had a jake fan to use.

I'll be offering incentives :)drink1::drink1:) for the guys at the cabin this weekend to take the first jake that comes in range so I can have the fan :D

NWBuck

Had a tom come in last Friday during youth season that beat the crap out of P.B. before my son could get a shot off...then he missed when he did get a shot...lol. Last Sunday morning we had 5 longbeards come in...one beat P.B. ass and another one beat on the breeding hen deke that came with P.B..apparently my son doesn't agree with beating on females because thats the one he smoked...I guess the point to my longwinded post is we use the full tail and they marched right in for the fight.

I'm rockin a full fan but had a tom see it and head the other way this morning...guessing he didn't feel like fighting...

I had better luck with my strutting jake decoy last year. Doesn't seem to spook smaller birds and bigger ones see it with a hen and they come running. I still use my B-mobile when I'm in an area that it can be seen along ways.
I'm new to hunting turkeys though and definatelty don't have it figured out.
I know just because it worked one day doesn't mean it will the next.

Full fan man (missing on feather makes him look like he's been whipped before:grin:). I just had two jakes come into my full fan opening day.

Top Bottom