Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

pwrgraphics scores

sims8ball

My buddy scored this afternoon with his kids along for the ride! 24.2 lbs, 1 inch spurs, 10 inch beard. He'll post a story later.

imagejpeg952.jpg

Sent from my LG using IW

After hunting yesterday morning without any luck, I was really itching to get out for an evening hunt with the cooperating weather. I wanted to go bad enought that I accepted the challenge of bringing my 7 year old, Owen and my 5 year old, Mia. I was priming them the whole way to our hunting spot about being extra quiet and being really still in the blind. I threw in a "If you guys don't behave, it will be the last time I bring you for the whole season." We brought plenty of snacks, along with their ipods to help pass the time. We got to our spot and set up by 5:30 and had a jake 60 yards behind us by 6:00. He kept us entertained for a while with the kids taking an occasional peek out of the back of the blind to make sure he was still around. He started to move off when I looked to the horizon and saw a fan a couple hundred yards away in the field. Then there was another, then another and another. Before we knew it there was 4 long beards in the field. There were 2 that were hanging real close together. I'd yelp, cut and purr. I noticed the 2 buddies were closing the distance, shoulder to shoulder. They wouldn't advance unless I was purring. They got within 50 yards in a low spot in the field. I told the kids, "Now is complete quiet time and no moving, the big turkeys are coming." I Kept my eye on the birds but would glance at Owen and Mia every once in a while, and they were solid. I was kinda impressed. The 2 birds walked right up to my DSD Jake, shoulder to shoulder. At one point, they were all in a huddle, 8 yards away. They both turned broadside at the same time then away from me at the same time. I shot the one that was clear of my decoy, he dropped and flopped. The other one came back and kicked the crap out of decoy and my flopping bird. That part was awesome in itself, but the hghlight of my hunting career, was sharing it with my two little ones. Owen says, "Way to go Dad" and Mia says, "I am so proud of you Daddy." Well, I am so proud of them!

Congats! I've only braved the blind with two children inside on one occasion. It was fun but the giggling and snickering every time someone would pass gas was almost more than I could handle. Glad you had a great hunt and grea memories for the little ones.:way:

Top Bottom