Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question About Range Finders

rookie10pt

I got a buddy that is looking into getting a QUALITY range finder that will reach out to 1,000yds, the only problem is, he and I don't now very much about them, so....I go to IW!:way:

What are some good brands too look into?

And if you have any other advice chime right in!!:)

Leica! Not cheap but if you're looking to shoot out to 1000 yards and do it ethically, you better not cut corners on anything.

There are a few on the market that will reach out to 1000+ yards, but if you want QUALITY, like HorseDoctor said, look at either Leica or Swarovksi. They certainly aren't cheap, but they will last a lifetime and are probably the best on the market for ranging beyond 500 yards.

I have a Bushnell (not sure of the exact model, but it wasn't cheap when I bought it, like $250 or something) that I've had for 5 years and it still works great.

x2 on the Leica and Swarovski. Also check out the new Leupold rx1000i. MSRP is about 525.00 but you can get them for 399.99 to 419.99 at cabelas online right now.

What the other said :way: I have the Nikon Monarch 800 and it's very nice, but not in the same league as the Leica, Swarovski, or zeiss. I personally would go with the leica. It's a one hand more compact design then the others. They also make a CRF 1600 model. Good luck

Ive got a leupold and really like it. It works well to, but its no leica etc...

I got a RX-1000i w/dna. The TBR model isnt worth the extra $50, the TBR doesnt work worth a crap. And i dont see any point in spending an extra $100 to have a camo one.

Paid $340 total. Great finder at an affordable price

Leica 1600-B for $800
G7 BR2 for $1600. You enter you ballistics for 5 different bullets, and it tells you exact BDC compensated for range, temp wind, humidity and altitude. It's unbelievable.

The new Vortex Ranger reaches out to 1000 yds, has the red redout for easy viewing in low-light, a belt-clip to keep it in easy reach range and costs well under $400 - and best of all includes a lifetime warranty. Very nice compact new rangefinder.

I sold an older leica to get more range and arc for a western hunt. I still miss it. worth every penny! We have nikon and Bushnell in the houses . Not even close.

Top Bottom