Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

questionable muzzleloader kill in Iowa

trowser44

has anyone heard about a 200+ deer being shot during muzzleloader season illegally? im pretty sure it was first in its class at the deer classic.

I know the DNR confiscated a large buck early last year from up in NE Iowa. Don't know many details, just know there's an investigation.

any more input on this deer would be nice, if it was late muzzy, it couldnt have shrank enough to be a legal score.so i wouldnt even think it was first in its class.

From what I understand a guy tried to get an early muzzy tag and they were sold out. He decided to go out anyway and killed this deer and put a bow tag on him. Then took him to the taxidermist /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif. This is heresay but from some pretty reliable sources.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I understand a guy tried to get an early muzzy tag and they were sold out. He decided to go out anyway and killed this deer and put a bow tag on him. Then took him to the taxidermist /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif. This is heresay but from some pretty reliable sources. </div></div>
That is the way I heard it. He tried to tell people that he borrowed a friends bow to shoot it. When the story got out, the DNR found the hide with more than one bullet hole in it. Not sure if it has gone to trial yet or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PYBucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he's talking about the buck shot near Corydon, scored about 214 NT.

It won the ML division at the Classic this year. </div></div>

Don't start any rumors. I don't think theres any controversy around that deer.

i've heard plenty of controversy about that deer. Im from corydon and theres lots of stories about that deer around here. Im not going to comment about those stories...Im just saying...

Oh look, it's another someone shot a bigger buck than me, so therefore it must be poached thread. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

yeah thats exactly what it is! If only you had a clue about what your talking about. Poachiing really pisses me off and i just want it to stop...Its kinda bad around here. jealousy have nothing to do with it.

This was't the buck that the DNR confiscated from a taxidermist by Canton Ia? I was shed hunting last week and the farmer told me the story.

I've heard some pretty shady stuff was going on concerning CO's and sheriff deputy's over this deer. Dont how much is true though.

sureshot1, it was NOT a bazooka or a hand grenade! Stop spreading rumors!!!!!!

Everyone knows it was a Predator UAV

fahr05.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris Ellis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey if it was a Predator UAV those fuel nozzles came across my desk!</div></div>

They make those in Cuba? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top secret Gentlemen!

No all kidding aside we produce fuel nozzles for a variety of things, from land based units, ships, tanks, cruise missles, helicopters and about every kind of airplane flying today whether it's a jet or turbo prop.

Pretty wild to get on a plane and know the chances of the fuel nozzles on it were probably handled by yourself sometime in the past.

Back to the deer though, if you have info contact the CO.

Chris

Top Bottom