Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Remote Slave Flash

Ghost

Life Member
Has anyone messed around with a remote slave flash?

I've seen a few night pictures that look like they were taken in a football stadium.

Not only were they bright but the detail was crisp and clear.
waytogo.gif

Also, how is the IR technology coming along?

I am going to try the IR stuff here in the next couple of weeks and just play around with it. The remote slave question...I'l let vman elaborate as he has probably made a couple of those.

I am very interested in the IR stuff. I understand the P41's, that have been so popular in homebrews lately, don't perform that well with an IR modification. I think you need a setup with a slave flash for an IR conversion. I have not looked into it very far but when you get a picture or two of a nice deer and then never see it again it make me wonder if I am moving them off with the white flash. Then there is the visibility of the white flash to others near by when it gets trigger by something. Sooner or later, I am afraid, the flash will give away my camera location to a thief.

My understanding on the p41 is they do pretty good, it is just making sure the lens you replace is the right thickness so the pics come out clear. Also, the pics will have the red tint to them, just convert them over to black and white pics. Yes, a slave is needed for an IR cam to get distance out of the picture after dark. Daylight pics are ok out of it.

The remote slave is easy to do, if you want all that white flash out their.
The IR cams are FINALLY here. Ive been playing around with it for some time. And the new samsung camera is the ticket. I hope to have some sample photos to post tonight.

Ghost,
On a side note, your camera can now be converted to an IR unit rather easily.

Whats the model number of the samsung and is the BG1 programed to operate with it yet? Is the modification available on the net anywhere?

Any new info on the IR unit? I saw some people on Hags were having issues. I'm going to start acquiring parts. Any opinions as to going the sony route or wait for the Samsung IR mods to be finalized?

The sony would be a good camera.
I personally havent done one yet though, but it looks like a harder HAck than the samsung.

I built two samsung IR units over the weekend. This cam is easier to hack and a better IR unit. The one downfall is it has a slower trigger speed than the sony, which im still working on. If your putting it over food/water or a scrape it will not matter though.

I hope to have some pictures tonight to show what the samsung can do in IR.

Top Bottom