Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Roadhunting epidemic

dantheman

I've had a great bow season so far in NE. Lots of action. I was excited for gun season to have the extra range. Nearly all of my hunts these last four days have been ruined by droves of road hunters/poachers. Circling sections, shooting from trucks etc. way worse than in years past. I probably won't even hunt this coming weekend with the lows in single digits. I can only imagine how many guys won't get out of their trucks. As if using a rifle isn't "cheating" enough. Really frustrated that these guys give a bad name to those of us that hunt properly and ethically. Open to suggestions it sure how effective calling CO's would be, since it seems so widespread. Cheers to all who hunt with morals.

I'd report it for sure. And ask that they focus on your area. Not much else you can do I guess. You can't fix stupid and it's illegal to shoot a poacher so...

Road poachers are rampant in central Ne. this year also. More so than the past few years. But I have to ask......................if you think rifles are cheating, why are you rifle hunting?

Best case scenario is to get their plate # and call your CO with that. Other wise just call and ask if they can focus a little extra in ur specific area

Some trucks are even taking their plates off. Thought about getting a flare gun. Haha, non lethal rounds...

I can't imagine it could be any worse than here. It does indeed suck. We have roughly 18 inches of snow now and it is -14 degrees Fahrenheit as I type this. How many people here do you believe are going to walk a mile across that snow and climb in or under a tree?

The more I think about the road hunting pandemic here the more I think the weather plays a big role.

I can't imagine it could be any worse than here. It does indeed suck. We have roughly 18 inches of snow now and it is -14 degrees Fahrenheit as I type this. How many people here do you believe are going to walk a mile across that snow and climb in or under a tree?

The more I think about the road hunting pandemic here the more I think the weather plays a big role.

I shot my first doe here in 2009 with -23 -36 wind chill and got frost bite and sunburnt like crazy. No excuse to not hunt or sit in a tree.

Top Bottom