Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sadly, season is over..

Deer Nut

PMA Member
It's a little depressing that it is over. I had a pretty good year even though I still have my buck bow tag in my pocket. I saw a few target bucks though never had a shot. I got lots of nice up and comers on camera. I saw about a 50/50 buck to doe ratio. The standing corn really made things difficult for me this year. I'm looking forward to sheds, running cameras, moving stands and scouting for the next season. In 6 weeks snow geese will be coming back through. Shortly after that it's turkey time.

Keep busy this winter. There is always plenty to do because the season never truly ends!

Your post pretty much sums up my situation, except the excitement for snow geese. :D

Gonna deploy some new cams today and pull cards out of others after I finish wrapping some venison for freezing.

I like hunting but for me doing the predator control, habitat improvements, scouting out that next hotspot and spring food plot and fruit tree planting is equally if not more enjoyable. Busting the chainsaw out today and getting it running smoothly...doing about 500 yards of much needed edge feathering next weekend.

Gotta dust of the AR and the FoxPro too and get after the fawn killers.

October 1st will be here before you know it!

SEIowaDeerslayer said:
I like hunting but for me doing the predator control, habitat improvements, scouting out that next hotspot and spring food plot and fruit tree planting is equally if not more enjoyable. Busting the chainsaw out today and getting it running smoothly...doing about 500 yards of much needed edge feathering next weekend. Gotta dust of the AR and the FoxPro too and get after the fawn killers. October 1st will be here before you know it!

^^^ Perfectly said for me. Just adding shed hunting as I have a new dog that is being trained now and we pic him up the end of February.

New season new goals, lots of work to do. Today was a great day fire up my new saw (Stihl 241).

Top Bottom