Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Safety Harnesses

DWilk

I've decided that after many years of bowhunting and an 18 foot fall out of a tree that I should probably invest in a harness system. My question is:

What does everyone use for safety harnesses? Pros and Cons would be awesome!

I just upgraded from a four year old hunter safety system to their new pro series. I like the mesh and the new pockets they added. I also really like their life line ropes and rope style tree strap. These give you alot more room to move around.

Cons...can't give you any other than the cost.
Pros....staying alive instead of hitting the ground

I have the Loggy Bayou one but don't think it is made anymore. The Muddy outdoors one is close and would work well for you I'm sure.

All I have to base my opinion on is the hunter safety system pro series. The only complaint I had was with just the quick connect strap and the strap on the vest, it is not enough room to move much. You need to use the rope style treestrap so that you can adjust the length of the lanyard a little bit. I just purchased the rope style tree strap and it works wonders compared to the old set up. I don't have any issues now.

They all cost around 100bucks and are typically good for 5 years. Its a $20/yr insurance policy. After wearing one for the past couple years, you won't find me in a tree without them anymore.

I have the Loggy Bayou harness like Shredder mentioned. It's a touch heavy but worth it. I also like the harness that comes with Lone Wolf stands, very very lightweight.

I see no cons to wearing a safety harness.

I am sure there are many great harnesses out there on the market but I am only familiar with the HSS Tree Stalker and the New Muddy harness. In my opinion the Muddy Harness is one of the most innovative, lightweight, and functional harnesses on the market. It lacks pockets but I ten to use my coat pockets for my gear anyhow. Tree stalker was ok but not great, but it did the job in terms of safety.

If you are contemplating the new Muddy climbing sticks I would go with the Muddy harness for sure. You can get stick carriers to attach to the harness and carry 2 with you while you climb and keep your hands entirely free. Also comes with a linesman belt standard, no additional purchase needed.

Good luck in your search, just make sure what you get is quality and you trust it to hold you in the tree

All I have to base my opinion on is the hunter safety system pro series. The only complaint I had was with just the quick connect strap and the strap on the vest, it is not enough room to move much. You need to use the rope style treestrap so that you can adjust the length of the lanyard a little bit. I just purchased the rope style tree strap and it works wonders compared to the old set up. I don't have any issues now.

They all cost around 100bucks and are typically good for 5 years. Its a $20/yr insurance policy. After wearing one for the past couple years, you won't find me in a tree without them anymore.

What he said......

gorilla came out with a new harness this year, it looks pretty sweet. if i were buying this year, i think thats the way i'd go

The best harness for a guy about your size and out of an 18 ft tree I would have to suggest a 6 foot rope with a noose on one end. Same goes to you DannyBoy.

The best harness for a guy about your size and out of an 18 ft tree I would have to suggest a 6 foot rope with a noose on one end. Same goes to you DannyBoy.

After our little chat today it sounds like this may be a good idea to you! Have fun watching non-res hunters zing booners outta your "castle ground"! Ahahaha

Top Bottom