Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saturday ambush

IAHunter

Hunted Friday and setup 100 yds too far North and the Hens wouldn't let the Toms work up to my decoys and pulled them South through a creek crossing. So after a long time hunting buddy encouraged me that they would take the same path the next day I set up the blind 200yds South on the other side of the creek. It actually worked! Much to my surprise when I got out to the bird there are 3 beards! And big hooks! Beards 10 1/4, 7 1/4, and 7 inches. spurs are 1 1/2 and 1 3/8. This bird weighed 27 lbs.
IMG00045-20110423-0638.jpg

IMG00049-20110423-0642.jpg

IMG00050-20110423-0708.jpg

That's a nice one, congrats!! Sometimes you just have to make your own luck with these dumb birds. :grin:

Thanks everyone, I'm stoked about harvesting that bird. Two years ago I shot one with 2 beards about a mile away from where I shot this one. I always assumed multiple beards were a combination of age and genetics, but not sure about that.?

Birds from this specific area have been notoriously hard to hunt, so it was really nice to have a successful hunt there.

I would be mounting that bad boy. I have told my self the I would mount a multiple bearded turkey. Awesome bird

Top Bottom