Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saturday Coyotes

JakeWym

Arrow Chucker
yotes.jpg

Team1.jpg

Had these 6 shot by 1:30 on Saturday, shot 1 more Sunday after the fog lifted. Not bad for a rag tag crew like ours.

Way to go, I can't wait to get out there too! We were alot better off when there were no yotes in Iowa, we had more of everything, pheasants, quail, rabbits and red and grey fox. Shoot em all! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif BTW are you guys all using shotguns or what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW are you guys all using shotguns or what? </div></div>
The kids were using shotguns, the rest of of shoot .223's

Looks like a lot of fun there! I am looking forward to getting out there after deer season and take some yotes. Congrats!

You ever take on extra gunmen? I havn't run 'yotes in a LONG time and it was always a friggin BLAST!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You ever take on extra gunmen? I havn't run 'yotes in a LONG time and it was always a friggin BLAST! </div></div>
Let Dewy know, he'll bring ya along sometime. Could always use another gunner, we normally are not nearly that efficient. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Trav,
He wouldn't survive up there... too frail and doesn't drink Cope and chew whiskey... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Nice hounds!

Great job! Is it wanton waste to let them lay after shooting them? I have no desire to skin them anymore in my old age.

We've been knocking several of them down too. Both calling and running them. You guys definitely don't seem to have the mange problem that we do. About half of the 16 coyotes that we have killed in the last 3 weeks have had severe mange. We're talkin down to the skin on over half their body. Amazing that they have made it this long. Good luck on killin more of them. It's definitely a blast and a quick way to make it to shed season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fatboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great job! Is it wanton waste to let them lay after shooting them? I have no desire to skin them anymore in my old age. </div></div>
No...not in my opinion. We do keep all of ours that are in good shape. I know a few guys who do not mind skinning them. Helps pay for some of the reloading that we do at the end of the year. To me, hunting coyotes ranks right up there with hunting deer. Most farmers appreciate it too.

awsome job,,, icefishing is getn the better of me tho, but we are gonna try to lace a few this weekend with bows if the damn crappies would stop biting non stop!

Top Bottom