Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Score One For The Good Guys

THEBAD

Ok, I wont go into to many details but they caught one of the many poachers in our area. I wanted to publicly say thank you to the DNR for the help and for catching the individual. I know I bash the DNR when I don't agree with their policies or actions so I owe them a atta boy / girl when they do a good job.

Long story short you cant shoot deer with a rifle during bow season and trespass forever without eventually getting caught. I hope the 6K plus it cost this guy will help deter the rest of the poachers in the area.

I hope the Compact that we now have helps deter them for longer than that! Ouch, I think it is what 38 states now?? that they wont be able to buy a hunting liscense in?? WAY TO GO!! One more off the list for a while!

Where is thus area. We have a major problem in sw ia. But Andrea has been around the area and seems it has gotten better just having her being seen

I would be happy with him gettin 6k in charges but, as we have seen in the past they dont usually end up payin high fines.

I think the poachers are just getting better at it. I dont think Andrea or Deb is going to make a dent in the poaching/tresspassing/illegal taking of game during shotgun. I appriciate all their hard work but there is only 2 of them and many more people out looking for big racks. Ontop of that the farmers are more to blame than anyone. All I ever hear is KILL THEM ALL! Shoot as many as you want, Take what you want leave the rest lay. Its pathetic and my family farms and it PEAVES ME OFF!

I hope the Compact that we now have helps deter them for longer than that! Ouch, I think it is what 38 states now?? that they wont be able to buy a hunting liscense in?? WAY TO GO!! One more off the list for a while!

I assume most poachers don't bother with getting a license anyway. If they lose equipment and money, that's the best way to deter them in the future. They should lose everything involved in the activity of poaching, from the vehicle they used to get there, the weapon they used to poach, right down to the boots they used to walk in the woods that day. There should also be a Poachers found Guilty section on the DNR website and publish their picture..

I assume most poachers don't bother with getting a license anyway. If they lose equipment and money, that's the best way to deter them in the future. They should lose everything involved in the activity of poaching, from the vehicle they used to get there, the weapon they used to poach, right down to the boots they used to walk in the woods that day. There should also be a Poachers found Guilty section on the DNR website and publish their picture..
I agree 100% with everything you just said!

Where is thus area. We have a major problem in sw ia. But Andrea has been around the area and seems it has gotten better just having her being seen

I think you may already know ......and yes Andrea is helping, along with multiple local land owners starting to actively participate in reporting such activity.

Top Bottom