Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Self Inflicted Nausea

DWilk

Anyone else dumb enough or crazy enough to climb up 25 feet on a southwest exposed tree tonight? I was huggin the tree a couple times. I've never got motion sickness before, but 4.5 hours about did me in. Finally cold weather and we get hurricane winds! There is no point to this post except to bitch and rant. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Happy hunting this weekend!

Yeah, I was tree surfin late this afternoon. Only rode the wave for an hour and a half or so, but I needed a "convieneice" bag by the time I climbed down.

Not to mention I hadn't been in this stand for a couple of years. One of the straps for one the supports had rotted off. Made it even more interesting.

But I was only 20 feet up in a ladder stand. Still a wild ride.

The 'Bonker

I was out there...left early because I just about froze! Blizzard conditions not that far west of here.

I started late morning and hunted till dark yesterday. Saw some does and several small bucks plus a couple bubble bucks. At the end of the day though when I got down and staggered to my truck, I decided I was a hard headed idiot. Today includes hunting shows and a fireplace.

Common guys.......are you serious????????

I sat in my stand two weekends ago is sustained winds of 40mph with gusts over 50 mph... I never got sick....I never saw any deer either, but it was kind of like riding a rodeo bull...

Not a fun experience and really not worth it because the deer do not move...at least I can say I tried I guess...

Top Bottom