Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Send me $12...

Why can't you be like everyone else and post them anyways. 1/2 the people on here have already paid $16 to be a pma member, post them there. If your photos were that good then sell them to Cabelas or Bass Pro.

Tell us where to send payment and then hold your breath
grin.gif

$12.00? Are you mad because you cant see the big boys without paying $16? Don't be mad just because there are a pile of monster bucks in the PMA section. If nobody paid this website wouldn't be here. There have been some huge ones posted this week.
bigshock.gif

about the same price as a magazine, and you get tons more info, every day, instead of once a month

I've cancelled most of my magazines in lieu of a PMA membership. If NAW hadn't begged me for a $9 subscription, I most likely would have let that lapse as well
blush.gif

Not that I don't think your deer is worth spending money to see, I am sure it is great but the purpose of the PMA is to financially support the site and the PMA harvest forum is to reward those that have joined the PMA with a first look at the harvests that those members themselves have taken. Post it over in the regular harvest forum if you choose for all of us to admire.

Where else can you see great Iowa deer and tips on deer hunting in your own state?

No magazine can provide that, I have a subscription to North American Whitetail, Iowa Game and Fish this site is top notch.

I'm Life Member here, it doesn't get any better than that.
beerchug.gif

You'll spend more on beer or chew than that!!!

It's 16 bucks. I just don't get the recent chatter on here about not being able to see the pics because you don't want to pay $16. I believe this to be the best hunting website I have ever found on the net. Even though I don't know most of these guys and gals on this site personally, I call them all my friends and wuld love to share time in the field with them all just because of the pureness of the hospitatility shown on here. The PMA section is an added bonus to an already killer site. The deer being posted in there are jaw dropping, and the hunters who post them are more than willing to help anybody out in any way they can. You don't get instant responses from any magazine subscription on the planet on how to increase your odds in the field...in your own state!!

I only became a PMA member a few weeks ago, and it was only because of sheer laziness on my part for not doing so earlier, and I regret it. The owners of this site are not asking you to take a loan out to help support them...it's 16 dollars. It helps keep the site up and running, and in case you don't know, sites like this with all it has to offer are pricey to operate.

No matter what you decide, keep posting outside of the PMA, you'll still get the same hospitatility from everyone and the same sense of belonging to the best site on the net, but you'll be seriously missing out!!

S2K, Your last point is the best. Whether you join the PMA or not you will still be treated with respect and have answers provided to your questions. That's why this site rocks. Look at the responses to the deer taken in the regular section from the PMA members and that says it all. Everyone has a different situation and the PMA members do not descriminate because of your membership or lack thereof. This is what makes this site the best. Bukket, don't try to stir the pot here because it won't work. There are too many good people here. Maggs

My posts were made slightly in jest, but also to bring shed a little more light on the whole PMA thing. I'm not disputing the hospitality or great folks on the website at all.
There has been an influx of posts lately goading people to join the PMA and see some big deer. Fine and dandy. But the used car salesman approach is a little much...especially from guys that don't appear to have a vested financial interest in the website. It's like some of the members are getting pimped.
If there was a more prevalent, or better outline of the benefits of being a part of the PMA besides the ability to post on the member board I'd be much more apt to take it more seriously.

Here's your outline
-Big Bucks
-More Big Bucks
-Expert tips and advice from some of the best hunters in Iowa and around the midwest.

If that's not worth $16 I don't know what is.

Bukket

I don't know everyone's reasons for promoting the PMA part of this site, but the "pimping" of the big deer pics was probably meant to entice those whose only obsession is huge horns. I also assume the real motive is funds to sustain this site because those of us who are using it for free are too lazy or too cheap or too uncaring to send any money to help keep things going. I have been a PMA member in the past and am not currently because I'm one of the lazy ones and plan to rectify that in the near future.
One last thing. I have raised a family, bought a farm, put 3 people through college, 2 with masters degrees, paid taxes, and hunted deer all because I am a "used car salesman". Your comments leaned very close to being offensive to me. Just remember without used car salesmen you would not be driving anything now wheather you only buy new cars or not someone must still sell the old ones. Used car salesmen make the world go arround just as much as the techno-geeks, no offense meant.

Ha, ha

I think a few of you gentleman need to relax a bit. Bukket is poking a little fun at how hard the PMA gets pimped(of which I can't disagree with) and a couple of you guys are taking it personally and/or taking offense. Bowmaker, do you know how many times the "a used car saleman" comment gets thrown around?
smirk.gif

Xtec

Nothing comes for free anymore these days, including the costs of the operation of this site. I don't know of any website that doesn't have some sort of advertising spun into it. I can tell you that without the PMA subsciptions, this site probably wouldn't exist. 90% of this site is free, and to that we should be grateful......in fact, we should be thanking every paying member for making the effort to ensure this site stays around for a long time. Try finding another site with as much information and helpful people that doesn't advertise a little. As far as the "PMA pimping" thing goes.......the posts are fairly easy to identify. If they really bother you, just don't open them.
grin.gif

Top Bottom