Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Silver Flame Performance

bpul2113

I switched to the Silver Flame 175gr 1 7/8" cut 2 years ago. Total arrow weight about 655 grains. 62# Elite 35. Holy sheet! Anyone who hasn't tried these heavy weight arrows and broadheads should seriously consider at least trying them.

They are expensive...yes. But really, who cares about a few dollars considering all the money we spend on this stuff. Makes sense to have the point of the spear be able to do the job no matter how or where you hit them.

Great arrow flight, super quiet, and all the bows available energy stays in that arrow for unbelievable penetration.

You will sacrifice some speed and trajectory, but the benefits are certainly worth it.

I am in no way connected to any commercial endevour regarding these products, simply a user who truly believes this set up works and will work for you.

Switched to Gold Tip Kinetics and with broadhead im at around 450, its amazing what another 70 grains did to my setup, I need a new target because of passthroughs now!

Have you every tried a rage??

Couldn't resist:) those broadheads look killer, but don't fit what I'm after- a flat shooting bow. I'm going to stick with my rages for my compound, but would love those for my recurve

I was edging in on the 600 grain arrow 3-4 yrs ago but have since found a happy medium for what works best for me and thats a 465-475 grain arrow and a big exoandable "rage hypodermic"
Ive kicked around the idea of building some heavyweights again and using a 190 grain simmons tree shark.
A slow hit is better than a fast miss and its alot harder to stop a bowling ball than a ping pong ball.
I think that an an arrow with a high front of center, a little extra weight behind it and is flying truly straight with a razor sharp broadhead your confident in is the most deadly arrow you can shoot

Top Bottom