Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Somethings Wrong

SWBUCKHNTR

Something wrong with the TIP line? I called in and turned in a poacher and wanted to remain anonymous. I had been talking to a family member on the phone and they watched someone shoot a buck out of the back of a truck with a bow. I called the TIP line and told them what I knew and where it was. A day later I recieved a call from the game warden in that area and was questioned what I knew. I told them the same thing and they asked if they could stop and talk to my family member about it. I said that was fine but not to mention my name. You know how old farmers are they dont want their neighbors mad at them. The next thing I know I am getting a call from the family member while the game warden is sitting there and they ask me why I called the game warden because they didnt want any trouble for anyone. To sum it up I called the TIP line anonymously and somehow my number got out to the game warden and my name. Not only that but my name was brought up to my family and now I have a family member upset with me because they dont want to be known in the neighborhood as a nark. What a mess makes a guy think twice about calling.

First of get over it someone is doing something very illegal wouldnt be happy if they shot your dog. Grow up in my opinion not everyone is gonna like you. Second thats total bullcrap I have had similar problems and so ahve a lot of people I know write a letter man

Similar thing happened to a guy I know. Turned in some kids that were poaching the neighborhood. Now he has gone through 3 mailboxes and had rocks through windows. Way to go Iowa DNR:way: I would think twice before I called, not worth the war it may cause.

I have been on the TIP board for 25 years. Usually the person taking the info asks if they can have the conservation officer contact you. Possibly your family member put 2 and 2 together and knew you had called the c.o. I don't know how a case could be made without the c.o. talking to the witness. If you have a complaint about the situation call the DNR or the tip line and ask for Steve Dermand. He is the TIP coordinator and can find out what if anything was not handled correctly. Confidentially is taken very seriously and even the board members don't know who the informants are.

Problems with the TIP hotline. Gee, where do I begin? I turned in a group of Asian men shooting deer out the back of their truck with spotlights one night. Called the TIP hotline. The local CO met me that night and I explained what I had saw. I get a call back from the CO about an hour later, stating that he had found the truck and the guys responsible. In the truck and in the truck box were loaded guns and spotlights. In the back of the truck were 2 dead deer. I got a call about a week later from the same CO telling me that a court date had been set and that I would be receiving the promised "reward" that TIP "claims" to give out. That was about 8 years ago and I haven't seen a dime or heard from the TIP people since. I've called them at least a half dozen times and told them the situation. No one seems to know what I'm talking about. I will NEVER call the TIP hotline ever again! It's a joke!

Problems with the TIP hotline. Gee, where do I begin? I turned in a group of Asian men shooting deer out the back of their truck with spotlights one night. Called the TIP hotline. The local CO met me that night and I explained what I had saw. I get a call back from the CO about an hour later, stating that he had found the truck and the guys responsible. In the truck and in the truck box were loaded guns and spotlights. In the back of the truck were 2 dead deer. I got a call about a week later from the same CO telling me that a court date had been set and that I would be receiving the promised "reward" that TIP "claims" to give out. That was about 8 years ago and I haven't seen a dime or heard from the TIP people since. I've called them at least a half dozen times and told them the situation. No one seems to know what I'm talking about. I will NEVER call the TIP hotline ever again! It's a joke!

It may be a joke, but I hope the reward money wasn't your motivation for turning those idiots in. You should be happy they were caught in the first place. I still think you did the right thing, regardless of reward money or not.

Your mad that they didn't pay you for doing the right thing?????

This is what is wrong with America today.....we won't do anything.....include help each other out unless there is something in it for us.

Do I agree the CO shouldn't of told you that you would get a reward when you didn't.....yes....but that shouldn't be a reason to stop doing your part.....just hope that money went to stopping more poachers and let it go.

I would have turned them in regardless, but if I said the promised reward money wasn't in the back of my mind, I would be lieing. If you say you would turn down a pretty good chunk of money that was promised to you, because you don't want to be an example of "what's wrong with America today" then you're lieing too!

Your a big man to call me a liar on the internet!!!!:thrwrck:

No I am not a liar.....I could care less about a reward....when I turn someone in I turn them in because they are breaking the law THE END.

If they told me there was a reward I would tell them to donate it to a charity to rehabilitate people with internet tough guy syndrome. :way:

No I am not a liar.....I could care less about a reward....when I turn someone in I turn them in because they are breaking the law THE END.

If they told me there was a reward I would tell them to donate it to a charity to rehabilitate people with internet tough guy syndrome. :way:
haha well said!

WOW! Easy there Haas! Never called anyone a liar. What the heck is wrong with some of the people on this site lately? You guys need to pop some Midol and quit being so sensitive!:way:

Top Bottom