Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

South West Iowa - Mills County

We have hunted the next county south for years plenty of big deer down there just make sure u sit till noon the guy doing deer drives will have them movin all day

I don't know the area at all but I would also suggest looking at the WMA's on the DNR website. If there are any close and they are deer hunting approved you can count on them being pushed as well.

Nishna river and mule creek area is where we hunt. And east of river in the hills. Good luck to all. Currently cooking crawfish in the land of the giants, can't get any better!

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who said that there was a world record there who has a home range of 8 miles.

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who said that there was a world record there who has a home range of 8 miles.

Yeah, I heard about that one. My sister's, best friend's, aunt's, hair dresser has a one eyed crazy uncle who supposedly wounded that buck back in October.

i live south of malvern along the nishna river and know first hand the toll ehd took on our deer heard. dont wanna sound negative but dont get your hopes up, your not gonna see the numbers you expect. lots of young bucks and young does,not that many mature deer left. please be picky with what you shoot.

We certainly will. Won't shoot any does and only mature bucks. We have no problem with driving home empty handed if we don't see what we want. Is there any reason to believe that older bucks were affected more than any others? Or is it only that the big bucks are the ones that everyone has taken notice of?

Not to sound like an ass. But why wouldnt you research this before you even attempt to draw a tag? Do some homework...
Second this, little late to start researching now for "MONSTER" bucks. If you've already decided to make the crazy long drive to hunt just do it and if a monster shows, bonus. Guessing 3 below zero will make for a short hunt for a couple warm climate hunters. Just sayin!

Top Bottom