soybeans

jmm46

Just wondering how many pounds of seed I'll need for 3-4 acres of RR Soybeans? And type and amount of fertilizer? And how much cost am I looking at?

Is $48 for 50 pounds of RR soybeans a good price, he said one bag covers 1 acre. Is that what the rest of you have found??

Is $48 for 50 pounds of RR soybeans a good price, he said one bag covers 1 acre. Is that what the rest of you have found??
For that price make sure the beans are innoculated. If you are using a drill 50lbs per acre. If you are broadcasting I would go about 60 to 70lbs per acre.

Just wondering how many pounds of seed I'll need for 3-4 acres of RR Soybeans? And type and amount of fertilizer? And how much cost am I looking at?

Soybeans are often sold by "seeds per pound" so they could range from 2400 to 3200 seeds per pound so check when you buy them because that makes a big difference in the actual number of seeds you'll go home with.

Planting rates can vary depending on soil type and deer density so one could plant anywhere from 140,000 to 220,000 seeds per acre.

The best bet is to soil test to determine fertilizer and lime needs and avoid wasting $$'s on something you don't need or leaving out something you do but 400#'s of 6-24-24 (for instance) would be in the ball park for average soils.

Soybeans usually require lime and potash around my area.

I've seen RR soybean seed from $37 to 47 a bag so check around...;)

Check with local seed dealers for leftover/open bags. I have never had to pay for any bean or corn seed and can usually take a whole pallet if I want.

Check with local seed dealers for leftover/open bags. I have never had to pay for any bean or corn seed and can usually take a whole pallet if I want.

and also check with your local Pheasants Forever and National Wild Turkey federation chapters for free corn and soybean seed as well...:way:

Back