Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

sqwatting

vrod

Would you sit a stand that did not belong to you,and you do not have permission to sit in it?

Not a chance....that would piss me off if it was my stand on the ground I have permission on.. :mad:

GregBickal said:
If its on public land, and your not in it, yes, I will/have sat in them.

Greg,
Just wondering if it is not yours why would you do that?
Someone bought it, took the time to put it up and will be sitting in it for their use.
I don't understand the reasoning.

Only stand I ever sat that was not mine was on a property I was sharing with someone. He tagged out first and left a note saying I could sit his stands until the end of the season when he was going to take them down.

Otherwise, never without permission.

Just for discussion, public land is public land, right?

If somebody places a stand there, is it not still public property? Did they somehow "privatize" that portion by the placement of a stand? If so, is it just that tree? Can you hang a stand in the tree next to it? 20 yards away? 100 yards?

If they have "dibs" on that tree by placing a stand in it, then the lesson is to rush into public land at the first legal moment to place a stand to "reserve" your spot for the year. Is that the spirit of hunting "public" ground? The spirit might be to not interfere with another hunter, but how do you know when they are going to show?

FWIW, personally, it wouldn't feel right to sit in someone else's stand. I'd be too distracted worrying about the confrontation that might occur if the "owner" appeared. And, I would probably think they put it in the wrong spot anyway. ;)

I couldnt sit in someone elses stand. Remember the guy, hes in prison in the I.S.P in Fort Madison now. He tresspassed on someones land. The landowner and some other people showed up on 4 wheelers. He shot and killed a few of them. Somewhere in minnesota or wisconsin or something like that i believe? not sure

NO NOT EVEN ON PUBLIC LAND. IF YOU ARE PARKED ON PUBLIC LAND CAN SOMEONE SIT IN YOURE CAR.NO YOURE CAR AND YOURE TREESTAND ARE YOURE PROPERTY.PUT YOUR STAND IN THE NEXT TREE OVER ALOT FEWER PROBLEMS THAT WAY.JUST MY THOUGHTS

jlclaws1 said:
NO NOT EVEN ON PUBLIC LAND. IF YOU ARE PARKED ON PUBLIC LAND CAN SOMEONE SIT IN YOURE CAR.NO YOURE CAR AND YOURE TREESTAND ARE YOURE PROPERTY.PUT YOUR STAND IN THE NEXT TREE OVER ALOT FEWER PROBLEMS THAT WAY.JUST MY THOUGHTS

Amen!

Top Bottom