Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stand Location? Thoughts? Best Place and With What winds? Any Help would be great

longtail55

Boundaries are west of the Main River and the gravel road. The creek running straight through is not currently there. So even though it looks like an island it is not. This picture must of been taken with high water levels.
Yes, I do know what a deer trail is and the open fields are CRP. I have scouted this area out and know where I want to be but I always thinks it helps to have a second set of eyes on an aerial map. Basically wondering if you would hunt this ground just by looking at this map, where would you hunt it??

picture.php

Last edited:
Anywhere on this whole map? Might help us out a bit more if you had defined boundaries and describe where you can come in from and how your able to approach the area.

you should look for deer trails and set your stand by the trails. I have a good luck with my tree stand by the deer trail.
I see that picture is from 1994 (you can change it to 2011).. so there is possible that any place might be changed. are those green next to road as in hay or crop land?

you should look for deer trails and set your stand by the trails. I have a good luck with my tree stand by the deer trail.
I see that picture is from 1994 (you can change it to 2011).. so there is possible that any place might be changed. are those green next to road as in hay or crop land?

That is just a tab to click on to have the option to look at historical photos, its a current photo. I am sure he is wanting help locating pinch points bedding areas and such before he gets out to find the deer trails. Also to look at how to get in and get out with wind and cover as well. I not trying to be mean here, but I am pretty sure he can figure out to find a deer trail.

How deep is the main river? Is there a few major crossings? If there is I'd key in on those.

Top Bottom