Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stand Position Help

FormulaLT1Power

Just acquired this land to hunt...I believe it's about 12 acres, mostly timber. Yes that is a pond, which is still there! The lady says she has been seeing most of the deer in the pasture just North of the pond, as well as many to the North-West of the house. I went and walked the majority of it, and most of the wooded area is THICK. Behind the house, and to the West of the house seems to be the best bet for a tree stand. I'm also considering a ground blind for the pasture or just on the tree line North-West of the house.

picture.php

Here is my idea:
picture.php

Notes:
Red - Old Stands, I'd say neither can be used. One is just an old wooden ladder. The other is about 7 climbing sticks attached to the tree w/ a stand. Probably 40+ feet off the ground...possible shotgun stand!?

Yellow - Corn, basically looks like the property owner dumped a bunch of loose corn (off the cob) out there. Can't really tell if the deer are eating it or not?!

If it were my choice I would be setting up around that pasture on the right side of the picture (east side?) I think you had some good positions there. You may just have to play around and see. Try setting up some trail cameras to find the best advantage points

If it were my choice I would be setting up around that pasture on the right side of the picture (east side?) I think you had some good positions there. You may just have to play around and see. Try setting up some trail cameras to find the best advantage points

You are thinking the pasture just North of the pond...where I have the possible ground blinds?

I'm thinking that's a hot spot...lots of paths heading towards that area. There's really nothing for them to eat...just some green grass.

Correct, that's where I would be...Not sure what you are able to do with the property but maybe next year put a food plot in? A nice little food plot there, could be deadly for deer. I hope to hear some success stories from you!

Correct, that's where I would be...Not sure what you are able to do with the property but maybe next year put a food plot in? A nice little food plot there, could be deadly for deer. I hope to hear some success stories from you!

Yeah, I'm probably going to go put 2 stands in somewhere tomorrow. I think I'm hunting it hard starting Wednesday the 17th into November. Gonna go check out Bass Pro for a Ground Blind, to see if I like them, etc.

Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom