Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Still got it!

Daver

PMA Member
I went 2 for 2 on a quick pheasant hunt the other day on my farm. Saturday morning my son Mark saw/heard a rooster fly into some milo that we have nearby and promptly came back into the cabin with the fresh scouting report. (He's a good kid actually! :D)

We then scrambled the boots, the whining(excitement) dog, one gun, the orange, the leash/collar and some shells and went after him...only there were about 7 or 8 "hims" all together in a flock. If my son had his gun along, which I had suggested that he bring it with him :D, he could have had good shots at all of them.

But as it was, 2 of the dumb birds flew by in front of me and none kept flying after I let the Benelli do its' work! :D I never miss on pheasants! Well, at least not that I remember later. :D

Lest everyone think I am a selfish dad...I did offer to let him take my shotgun and I would walk along too, but to his credit, he recalled my fatherly advice to bring his gun too, that went unheeded...AGAIN...:D and he let me do the honors. It's sure nice to have some birds around...next year...even more milo!!

161-pheasant_1_nov292014_zps77595507.jpg

Wow, Congrats, Daver , those are some real beauties. I'm sure it's nice to see all your hard work pay off. That sure is a Happy Dog!

Good job!

Friday I exercised a couple of roosters so I can have the fun of shooting at them again in the future. ;) :D

Nice work! We've been having a great season up here as well. Nice to see the bird numbers bouncing back like they have. Congrats!

NWBuck

Congrats on the birds! I've seen a total of about 10 this year around our place...2 roosters heading to corn from one of my stands and 8 or so hens out in the gravel road while driving to hunt. Haven't seen that many for several years, especially the hens!

Top Bottom