Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stolen stands and ladders

hooken203

Two years in a row now. Stands and ladders stolen. This last time I had seven locks on them. Are there any locks or cables you can buy that can't be cut?

I use a log chain and padlock on all my stands and pull out the bottom 3 pegs on my hang-ons. Seems to stop most individuals but if they want it bad enough they will still find a way.

Why do people have to do this. I was always taught that if its not your dont touch it! :mad:

I have had 3 cameras stolen this year. These are definately not sportsmen that are doing this. The're the scum of the earth.

Mine stopped walking off when I didn't leave them a way up the tree. Pull the steps and don't leave a ladder. Ya it takes a couple extra minutes to get in the tree, but when you walk into the woods there is a 99% chance your stand will be there when you get to the tree. Sorry, that sucks....

That sucks for sure. I would try to set up hidden cameras to catch these guys. Sounds like they are pretty determined if they are stealing then even with the locks. Let your neighbors know you are having problems so they can keep an eye out. Sounds like you need to catch them on camera.

stolen stands

Thats despicable. I dont hate many things more than a thief. Its probably the same person getting them all the time. Just about the only thing that will stop them is a heavy log chain and one of those master locks that cant be cut. One of the round ones, but like the other guy said if they want it bad enough theyll find a way to get it. As for the trail cams, its just about impossible to keep those with thieves around

Top Bottom