Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SURVIVING NUGENT 2: the Ted Comandments

teeroy

Life Member
i just saw this is back. starts in 5 minutes on VH1. (sunday 9pm) not sure when the series picked back up...hopefully this is the first episode

It is...he's nuts and the contestants are idiots...I watched it last night.

I think one of us should apply undercover to be on that show. The people they get are so stupid.

thats why they are on the show. ted doesn't want hunters (real people. he wants to make fun of the retards. makes for better TV

Of course all the contestants (reality show whores: they degrade and humiliate themselves for money) are idiots...idiots get ratings.
I have no interest in watching so called reality shows. They keep getting more and more over the top – they have to ‘turn up the volume’ so to speak in order to get ratings because we have become so desensitized. This is one of the funny things of having a culture which is so much shock based, in the sense of Jerry Springer and Howard Stern where, in essence, people can get a kind of a fix like they are doing something dangerous and then go back to drinking beer and watching TV.

I did watch about half of it to see if Ted would do anything to promote hunting. I thought the part with the deer heads was too much. Caping them out, digging out eyeballs and ripping out the lower jaw - VERY graphic for someone who’s never seen anything like that. Remember, I’m talking about city people who’ve never been hunting, which I’m sure is the vast majority of vh-1’s audience. I know Ted has been a strong voice for second amendment rights and hunting and maybe he didn’t have much control over the editing of the show. I just think those deer deserved more respect than being part of a gross out spectacle. If he did something to promote hunting I must have missed it. My 2 cents.

What KAT said
cool.gif

Kat, I am glad you expressed my thoughts so well. I say let's run Kat for NRA president.
But, seriously Kat I could not agree with you more. Defending hunter’s rights does not mean you have to go out and offend nonhunters with out a political view on the subject. Ted is too much!

ted's "reality" show is not about promoting hunting. it is "entertainment". his "spirit of the wild" show is where he promotes hunting.

still can't deny, ted is wacked in the head

Ted reminds me, and maybe you as well, because some of us have one. Its that brother-in-law, that stops by now and then. Nice guy and all, but we can only tolerate for about a half an hour a week!! Anymore than that, and "it" begins to bug ya.
crazy.gif

I just get a kick out of the type of people they pick to be on the reality shows. There has to be a gay person, a minority and someone with strong feelings in this case against eating meat. I mean can things be any more predictable. I agree ever since the reality show overkill things on TV are not very interesting. Still we have the outdoor channel and the history channel and of course Fox news.

Even though I have Ted's greatest hits Cd, I some times thinks he's alittle over the top. But its good for us hunters and the hunting community to have a some one as popular who has strong voice like his.

jason

I dont know about the rest of you, but bob the hippy should be shot. Did you see him trying to shoot the bow and the end on the final trial? What a boob. My 3 year old would have finished before him. And since we are on the reality show subject, How come nobody has ever taken their bow as their luxury item on the show Suvivor? I think we need to get some hunters on that show.

One has to really wonder if they tell these " contestants " what they are in for. The first show he had a vegitarian and they all but gave her a nervous breakdown. This show they have an animal rights person. Why would these people put themselves through this torment. They have to know that if they refuse doing the chores and games that they will be kicked off so money can not be the motivation as they will never finish to get the money ???

I watch it just to see how far Ted will go to exploit these people. An earlier post was a god idea about getting a real outdoorsmen and hunter in there to put a wrench in Ted's gears.

I can't deny the fact that Ted is alittle out there, however his book God, Guns and Rock and Roll is right on. I think every hunter-fisherman-gun enthusiast-outdoorsmen and every red blooded american would really enjoy this book.

God Guns and Rock and Roll is a good book i will agree. But damn, this isn't exactly the kind of show people should be associating with hunting or our outspoken NRA representitive. I would like to see a show like this about fishing....no that would be as exciting as the rest of these shows, The animal rights activist could hook the hippie and they could all take turns trying to get the hook out. Sounds like a plan someone needs to contact VH1. Bill Dance could host it, he always has bad luck on camera.

Top Bottom