Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sw iowa rut

louisiana boy

Gang: When is the rut in soutwest iowa? mills county specifically. will I miss all rutting activity for the shotgun season beginning on dec 3?

we had a kid around here a few years ago that rattled opening morning and shot a 150-160 inch buck. Its all hard telling but once they hear that first shot fired everything changes.

You'll miss the best part. By Dec. 3rd it will be late post rut and as Erick said...once the orange armies start their annual timber assault the last thing on a deer's mind is breeding.

Will these guys tresspass on others property? I'm hunting a several thousand acre farm andwondering if we'll have to worry about this.

Will these guys tresspass on others property? I'm hunting a several thousand acre farm andwondering if we'll have to worry about this.
There will be trespassing in every county. Thankfully the counties are large enough that you may not see any. You will see legit hunters everywhere. People running them with trucks probably. Ask the landowner b4 hand if others have hunting rights. And get his phone # just in case. From my experiences, declaring that you are calling the owner can have a very calming effect on situations that sadly, sometimes turn ugly. Good luck on your visit to Iowa...............ck

Above should have read" probably see people truck runnin". Certainly not saying everyone does it.........ck
Probably haaaaaaaaa Oh thats funny, should of said will see and CBs chasing down with trucks.Shooting out windows drunk trespassing thats called a$$hole season in SW Iowa.

all i can say is that if you ever want to give anti hunters ammo have them come to Ringgold County iowa for the first two weeks of december its a pitiful display.

Top Bottom