Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

T/C Omega ?

FinBonZ

Life Member
For those who own or have shot an Omega, is the thumbhole stock worth the money? It sure feels great when shouldering it in the store, but I was wondering if it made a difference shooting off the bench and esp. in the field?

Always wondered about thumbhole stocks with external hammers as well, at least in field conditions (gloves, weather, etc). Anyone have experience?

I think the thumbhole is a good asset to the stock. I have shouldered the OMEGA with the thumbhole and it feels great. Due to its popularity Thompson Center has thumbhole stocks available for the Encores now.

might slow you down a tad bit on a quick off hand shot in the field, but i doubt it would make a huge diference

I have been shooting a thumbhole stock on my Knight Disc Extreme, and on my TK2000 for several years now.

I now prefer them over a conventional grip; they are very comfortable for me. IMO a thumbhole can be held steadier in and off hand shooting situation.

I have never experienced any problems shooting them with while wearing gloves during the Late Muzzleloader Season.

Thumbhole stocks do take some getting used to initially. Practice some, and the thumb hole becomes an automatic.

Top Bottom