Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thanksgiving Week?

Walks Alone

Hey all i have all of thanksgiving week off and I was wondering what your thoughts were about hunting this week, as to how well it will be? Also any tactics that you guys use during this week?

Yes, I typically hunt pretty hard that week as vacation allows and see several mature bucks over the course of the week.... gotta crawl down by 10am on Thanksgiving day though, mamas rules....

I've had my best luck on food sources during that week. Seems the bucks come looking for the last doe or two and grab a bite themselves while there.

Sent from my LG using IW

Ditto to above posts...have had some of my best hunts during the week of Thanksgiving. Go get 'em :way:

NWBuck

Should be good, just like the above poster said. Usually, this is the 2nd wave of late does. I am taking this week off from hunting then will head back to Albia on Friday night. Had a great hunt on Saturday, but the wind seemed to really put a damper on things yesterday.

I always seem to see a lot of activity during that week as well. I have had some of my best hunts on thanksgiving day/weekend the last couple years.

I used to get out for the Novemeber Antlerless season and always managed to see several real nice bucks (figures haha). This is my first year bowhunting so needless to say, I'll be out there with the bow this time to hopefully get a crack at one of 'em.

Top Bottom