Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Feed Lot...

Seth

Is what I've come to call this. I think I'm spoiling the wildlife around here. I've been scattering chicken feed, corn, oats, and sunflower seeds.

feed_lot_153.jpg

It only took the deer about a week but the herd is starting to catch on. The first few days I'd get pics of a couple then maybe 4-6 deer at a time. I checked the cam this afternoon and they are starting to learn where the easy food is...

feed_lot_007.jpg

feed_lot_006.jpg

Looks to me like at least one shed buck in that group... top deer photo upper right with his ears pinned back... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cornfed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks to me like at least one shed buck in that group... top deer photo upper right with his ears pinned back... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

I agree...sure look like one anyway!

Mess a deer there for sure! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Dang, now all you folks (ok and myself) pick out the shed buck in 2 seconds. Why can't everyone else who is hunting for "DOES"?!?!

Sweet pics!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

PMA Memberships & Renewals and IBA Memberships & Renewals

hoofline.gif

Dang Seth, how much is your feed bill per week? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

398IMG_0185.JPG
398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

</div></div>

That many mouths to feed has to cut into the beer fund! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

The feed bill isn't that high really. The oats, some of the corn, and chicken feed is pretty old and I scoop it off the floor of our corn crib where it's been for some time now. The deer still love it though (not so much chicken feed, that attracts the birds) My family farms and we always leave a half wagon or so to throw out to the deer even though we never come close to going through that much. I'll bet I only throw out 2-3 five gallon buckets in a week's time. I like to make them work for it /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

now thats a herd of deer..... in the last pic the deer the furthest to the right looks like he has a small antler coming off his head... looks like a little buck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: j-wilts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now thats a herd of deer..... in the last pic the deer the furthest to the right looks like he has a small antler coming off his head... looks like a little buck </div></div>

I thought so to, but if you look at the picture where he is NOT there, the little thing that looked like an antler is still there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AIRASSAULT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sweet... wish i could see the head of the big bodied deer on the lower left of the 2nd pic </div></div>
your right, it looks huge, but I think it might be the same doe that's in the pic below it?? I might be wrong.

That first picture is definitely NOT the classic "Seth trail camera testing pose". Why don't you post some of those on here????

Re: The Feed Lot... Update 1

I'll keep updating this post as long as I run the cam and keep getting interesting photos.

Here is a pic I call Boy's Night Out. The buck in the back still has both sides and is a decent little 8 point.

feed_lot_2_035.jpg

Check out this buck (I'm assuming) in the foreground. Dude got tore up. Could've been fighting, could've been a grazed slug, but I'm going with either mountain lion or a yetti.

feed_lot_2_076.jpg

Here is a bruiser of a shed buck. I got about 15 pics with this guy in them and in every single one his ears are pinned back and he is mean looking. (see next photo)

feed_lot_2_102.jpg

feed_lot_2_116.jpg

Here is the Wide Load. Still going strong. I got about 10 pics of this guy. I could tell in some of the head-on pics that his shoulder is still swelled up but I noticed in some other pics that he is starting to put some pressure on that leg.

feed_lot_2_234.jpg

And finally, if Sir Mix-Alot deer hunted, this is the deer he would be after year in and year out. Look at the booty on this ol' gal!!

feed_lot_2_349.jpg

The only thing I noticed that was out of the ordinary is that there is alot of deer hitting the lot between 2 a.m. and 8 a.m. instead of the usual 5:30-6:30 p.m. Keep wathching for updates, I'll probably pull the next card on Sunday.

Re: The Feed Lot... Update 1

Great pics! I love these kinds of posts /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Have you found any of their sheds yet? Judging from the markings on your injured buck he was obviously attacked by a Liger bred for its skills in magic. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom