Thermca Cell Boot Warmers

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
My feet suck, more specifically my toes. I hunted Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and now this morning and with these temps my toes just can't make it. I am wearing Muck Arctic Pro boots, which are a great boot and my toes do not get cold until probably 32 degrees. But with the temps topping out in the mid 20's and in the mornings probably only 15 or something my toes just wuss out. I also wear a liner sock with a thicker wool sock. I have even put on the toasty toes that stick to your socks and its like they don't even do anything. I had to get down this morning about 0900 because my toes were so bad, the rest of me was good and I had wanted to sit all day. I see the thread further down on here about the Therma Cell Boot warmers, I'm not sure if I should get a pair or not, some of the reviews were not good, others were. Anymore input?

They make toe warmers that stick to the outside of your sock. I just stuck on on the top over my toes and a foot warmer insert. They're very cheap but worked wonders for me. $3 for a hunt with warm toes is a no brainer in my book!

They make toe warmers that stick to the outside of your sock. I just stuck on on the top over my toes and a foot warmer insert. They're very cheap but worked wonders for me. $3 for a hunt with warm toes is a no brainer in my book!

I used those and it doesn't help

Get a pair of the Icebreaker boot blankets, put them on once you are in the stand and your feet will never get cold again. They are one more thing to carry in, a little bulky but compress down enough I can get mine in my backpack,well worth it, you will be able to sit all day with warm feet.

I have a pair of the Thermacell boot liners. They worked ok last year, I have not had a chance to use them this year since they decided to crap out on me. I used some of the chemical toe warmers yesterday and they did nothing for me either. Today I wore my military surplus "Mickey Mouse" boots and stayed warm with a sock liner and a medium weight wool sock. If you have a walk I would carry them in a put on when you are at the stand or in the stand. I had a short walk to a blind, and wore them in, but I did not tie them or for the whole evening.

I found what I am using from now on. I might add a chemicel heater in them if it gets really nasty out.

My feet suck, more specifically my toes. I hunted Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and now this morning and with these temps my toes just can't make it. I am wearing Muck Arctic Pro boots, which are a great boot and my toes do not get cold until probably 32 degrees. But with the temps topping out in the mid 20's and in the mornings probably only 15 or something my toes just wuss out. I also wear a liner sock with a thicker wool sock. I have even put on the toasty toes that stick to your socks and its like they don't even do anything. I had to get down this morning about 0900 because my toes were so bad, the rest of me was good and I had wanted to sit all day. I see the thread further down on here about the Therma Cell Boot warmers, I'm not sure if I should get a pair or not, some of the reviews were not good, others were. Anymore input?

I'm in the same boat as you man. I think it all comes down to circulation. And I've come to conclusion that my circulation is awful. This is what I've done that seems to have really been a step in the right direction. I sat for over 4 hours straight yesterday in about 20 degree weather and my set up was a light liner merino wool sock with a thicker wool sock. Toe warmer on top of my toes (I tried them under my toes once and didn't work near as good) 400 gram Lacrosse rubber boot with the arctic shield boot covers that I put on when I get into the stand. Like stated above, kind of bulky but not bad. I put one inside the other and can fit in a backpack without no problem. I could have sat for quite a bit longer and been fine. Good luck!

This sounds crazy, but if you wear a lace-up boot untie and loosen them up once you get to your location. I had something in my boot once when it was frigid so I took my boot off to get it out and just being lazy I did not tighten it back up. The difference between tight boot and loose boot was very evident.

I had the old version (they came out with a new version this season) of the Therma Cell heated insoles. IMO they were terrible and a complete waste of over $100. The battery life was next to nothing and I really didn't feel any heat radiating from them. I would never buy them again. Some people have said they work, but I am certainly not one of them.

I would not buy the thermacells. Just buy some artic shield boot covers. Knock as much snow as you can off the bottom of your feet when you get in the tree, loosen up your laces a bit, drop in one of the larger heater packs and slip on the artic shield boot covers immediately. Your feet will not get cold.

What I like about the artic shields is they are not bulky like the icebreakers.

Back