Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ticks!

loneranger

Greetings, Lady and Gentlemen Outdoor, Lovers. This is my first time dealing with Iowa Ticks. Where I came from, they were rare. I picked seven off me one afternoon last week. What works best to ward them off? Are they worse in the timber, or the grass? Do they tend to diminish, as summer gets going? Thanks, for any tips. the loneranger

They will get worse as the summer goes on... pray for frost, snow, and winter. I wear light polypropelene all spring, regardless of the heat, to keep ticks off of me. I'd rather be crack sweaty than take the chance at lyme disease.

Muddy, doesn't crack sweaty give you but pimples??????? In Saskatchewan they call it assne.
grin.gif

I will spray my legs from the knee down when I go into the woods with a good tick repellant. I will start doing this now even on the Sunday 3-D shoots. I try to stay out of the thick woods till the first good frost. I also check myself each time I come out of the woods. I have even sprayed my yard grass with a water soluable tick repellant when I had my dog. This was kind of a barrier. Good Luck

Top Bottom