Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Time for a story...

rookie10pt

This isn't about a deer, but it was fun just the same:grin:

This mourning i was helping my younger brother(8) mix some chicken feed, when he took a scoop of corn out of the bag and dumped it into the tub...well i look down and see a fat little varmint, or commonly called mice...crawl out of the corn that he just dumped. Well immediately i started to devise ways of killing it. He sugested drowning, hmn no(to easy). That is when a really bright idea hit me, THE SHOTGUN!! Well I end up going to the house and getting dads 12ga, and taking the mouse(in the feed tub) out to our hay field. As Jonathan tipped the tub, i got ready for a quick running but vital shot. it didn't come out!! I kick the tub, still nothing!! Well finally after a few, well enough time for me to start to get "buck fever" it comes running out...and stops!! well at mere distance of 4-5ft I thought there is no way i can miss, I was right!! I let the old 12ga talk and now there is absolutely NOTHING left except a hole in the ground!!

sorry no harvest picture:mad:

rookie10pt said:
This isn't about a deer, but it was fun just the same:grin:

This mourning i was helping my younger brother(8) mix some chicken feed, when he took a scoop of corn out of the bag and dumped it into the tub...well i look down and see a fat little varmint, or commonly called mice...crawl out of the corn that he just dumped. Well immediately i started to devise ways of killing it. He sugested drowning, hmn no(to easy). That is when a really bright idea hit me, THE SHOTGUN!! Well I end up going to the house and getting dads 12ga, and taking the mouse(in the feed tub) out to our hay field. As Jonathan tipped the tub, i got ready for a quick running but vital shot. it didn't come out!! I kick the tub, still nothing!! Well finally after a few, well enough time for me to start to get "buck fever" it comes running out...and stops!! well at mere distance of 4-5ft I thought there is no way i can miss, I was right!! I let the old 12ga talk and now there is absolutely NOTHING left except a hole in the ground!!

sorry no harvest picture:mad:

That's funny I did that to a rabit last year at 2 steps with my 12 ga! There was nothing left!

Funny about the mouse Rookie, but Josh why on earth would you intenionally destroy a rabbit?
I kill every rabbit that comes in my yard and I'm up to 37 in the last 2 years alone, they try to destroy everything I planted (bushes and trees) since moving here. Only good rabbit is a dead one. You can kill rabbits in my yard any time Josh. :way:

I have no problem killing rabbits or any other game. I guess I just dont see the reason for blowing them to pieces with a shotgun at that close of range. Too each their own I guess.

Well I'm not going to start an argument about a rabit but it was fun to me. It's just a rabit they populat like crazy here in MS.

I have no problem killing rabbits or any other game. I guess I just dont see the reason for blowing them to pieces with a shotgun at that close of range. Too each their own I guess.
Well it doesn't make much difference dead is dead, people would shoot 6 inch broadheads if they could shoot them off their bows, we have proof of that with the Rage broadheads everyone is using. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom