Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Time to rant....

rookie10pt

I am getting purdy torqued at my self...because i only have one place to hunt(2 as of Saturday night. both bedding areas) and i have over hunted it...I guess that after last years easy, or should i say lucky, harvest i got the mind set that deer hunting was easy, that it would happen like that all the time...well guess what, I WAS WRONG, been out since mid October and have yet to get a shot at a deer...any deer! I keep going over what could be doing wrong and the only thing i can think of is...not having a good place to hunt...I am ready to shoot the first mature deer that comes by...its just really discouraging to get trail cam pics of a few bucks but never actually seeing them..............................Alright I'll shut up now....just needed to complain a little:)

Been at it over 20 years and the reason it never gets old is that we can never figure it out-I know I cant anyway.

Count your blessings on each kill and enjoy the entire process; those slow, lonely days, second guessing yourself, swirling winds, missed shots and finally it all comes together.

Those moments make the trophies that much sweeter when you look back and realize how many hours you put in and obstacles you overcame.

It'll happen...

Just keep telling yourself all it takes is 5 minutes of a deer's time to change your whole perception. I was texting a friend saying how bad of a morning I was having and not seeing any deer and that I needed to find some new ground. (Insert Twig snap here) and 2 minutes later I had my best buck ever on the ground.

Tis the time of year it can happen at any moment, stay alert and be ready!!!

Burnout!

It's all mental dude. As much as you want to, you've gotta skip out on those October sits to let your stands rest for when it really counts. I typically just skip the entire month of October, and let the neighbors spook the deer onto my properties.

You need to regroup. Hunting is still good for the next solid month!

And there's the chance it's not anything you've done at all. You always have neighbors,hikers,other hunters and sadly possible poachers. This is definately not the time to quit due to frustration. Still enough time to find out where they are if you hurry. Sure hope it works out for ya.............ck

Burnout!

It's all mental dude. As much as you want to, you've gotta skip out on those October sits to let your stands rest for when it really counts. I typically just skip the entire month of October, and let the neighbors spook the deer onto my properties.

You need to regroup. Hunting is still good for the next solid month!

This is what I did as well.

I've been at it about 10 years now and still haven't shot one. I don't even get to go this year and its killing me. I'm on this site multiple times a night checking how everyones doing. Trust me,I'd rather be sitting in a tree and seeing nothing than sitting at home dreaming I was.

I've been at it about 10 years now and still haven't shot one. I don't even get to go this year and its killing me. I'm on this site multiple times a night checking how everyones doing. Trust me,I'd rather be sitting in a tree and seeing nothing than sitting at home dreaming I was.

Man! If you want to shoot a deer with a bow ......... I think I can hook you up!! :way: If your looking for a big buck......Well ain't we all!!!!!!!!:D

Rookie, It says you live in NE Iowa. There is a tremendous amount of public ground up there that is good hunting. Grab a stand, find a nice funnel with the proper wind and get a view of some different scenery. Half the public is most likely better than half the private out there.......

Rookie, It says you live in NE Iowa. There is a tremendous amount of public ground up there that is good hunting. Grab a stand, find a nice funnel with the proper wind and get a view of some different scenery. Half the public is most likely better than half the private out there.......

I would love to do this, but don't have a drivers license...got my head back in the game tho, shot at a doe last night but missed...misjudged the distance:)

I think trail cameras can be fun, but the devil as well. Especially when youre not seeing what they are telling you is there. One year I saw almost every shooter on the property that my cameras got a photo of, and last year and i never saw one buck over 130 on that property. It happens, like everyone is saying, it just takes the right few moments in the right spot.

Top Bottom