Trail pics of same bucks yr to yr

TallTines

Since the trail cam forum is generally slow this time of year I would love to see a topic here of guys who have pics of the same buck for many years. I think it would be really neat to see how they have aged over time.

Unfortunately I can't start the example because I don't have any trail cam history w/ bucks since I only started using them last season on my farm I hunt. I have sheds of bucks over the years but this is a trail cam forum.

So if you have been fortunate to get pics of the same buck over the years lets see them in chronological order.

Well, there are lots of them, but some are still target deer.

Here is a buck I call Gimpy. His front left leg is "frozen" in a 90 degree locked postition. He is at least 6 to 7 years old now and is still alive as far as I know. He is smart and can really move out on three legs. He loves the camera too. Here are a few years of him. Note is long toes on his crippled leg.

07-13-05
83707-13-05.jpg

01-21-06
83701-21-06.jpg

06-02-06
83706-02-06.JPG

08-03-07
83708-03-07.JPG

he's a nice one kent.I have one too with a thick fuzzy lookin foot?
my dad had a big 3 legged buck at his house till a real large bear got him.

here is a buck that has had my attention for the last 5 years, not all camtraker pictures...

First year I saw him he was 5.5 years old
here is his sheds:

180insheds-2.jpg
[/img]

Then a pict. of him as a 6.5 year old, he turned into a perfect 6X6:
bigtwelve-1.jpg
[/img]
Then his sheds picked up as a 7.5 yr old:
marvshed-1.jpg
[/img]
Then a couple picture of him as a 8.5 year old: he packed on alot of character with the forks and flyer...
15pt85yrold-1.jpg
[/img]

15pt85yrold2-1.jpg
[/img]

As a 5.5 year old both sheds scored 80";as a 6.5(87" each);as a 7.5(high 90's each); as a 8.5 I'm guessing in the 90's again...

Can't wait to see what he turns into as a 9.5 year old!!!
Pretty amazing how long he's lived with everybody and their brother going after him each year. Also in his life time he has only broken one tine off (his right brow tine as a 6.5 year old) which is crazy because of his impressive tine length, and less than impressive mass...

Click on the thumbnail and open the picture up to a full window before you copy the image address. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

jmm,
I bet that old dude is hiding in the smallest patch of nothing he can find?
I think as they get older their core area shrinks to almost nothing?

whatever he is doing he is doing it right.

you might have to set up in the middle of a road to get that one.

jmm, I hunted up your way about 10 years ago, somewhere near bemidji?

saw 2 really nice bucks one being 160+

shoot it was 1994....man i'm old.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CRITRGITR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Click on the thumbnail and open the picture up to a full window before you copy the image address. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

still not working, images are from photobucket, anyone other ideas??

If when you click on them they are normal size, all you should have to do is copy the html format to the picture link in IW and paste it.

I'm a relative newcomer to the trail cams, only have been putting them out for 2 years and this past fall was my first fall with more than one.
This is about the only definate repeat customer in my book. Hope to have a few more definate same bucks one year older to add to the photo gallery this fall.
1122DSC00036.jpg

del_009.jpg

I'll bet I don't get a third year photo of him unless he was part bear and slept most of the winter. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

The photo from this year wa staken about 400 yards from the house, funny how we can coexist and sometimes never actually see each other.

Back