Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trenton Gotter Done! Video Link Added

bowman

Super Moderator
At the 2009 Iowa Deer Classic Vman and I decided that he would film my kids 2009 Youth Deer hunts for Midwest Whitetail The kids practiced all summer and were shooting great.

1040-edit_2.jpg

A great friend gave the kids the green light to hunt his farm and to shoot whatever made them happy. A very generous offer from a guy who manages his property for trophy whitetails. We also had access to another great farm closer to home that is owned by another great friend for weekday hunts. (Thanks to both of you!)

Allison won the coin toss for opening day. We couldn't hunt the morning so that afternoon we met up with Vman. We hunted a double ladder stand and hung another stand beside us for our camera man. The hunt went great. Allison chose to pass two does and two yearlings as they walked by at 5-7 yards. She was hoping to hold out for her first buck. Just before the end of shooting light we caught a glimpse of a buck that has a large 5 point side on the left and a funky looking club on the right. We had trail cam photos of the buck and he was on our "wish list". He was trotting through and no shot or video oportunity was presented.

Day 2 - Trenton's turn!

The wind was perfect to sit the double ladder again. We switched the camera stand to the other side of the tree for a better camera angle. The night was slow but soon some does entered the field..........

:rolleyes: The rest will be shown on Midwestwhitetail.com. I will post the link to the show here on Tuesday. Trenton's emotions were priceless and I can only hope that the video captures his joy the way we saw it in the tree.

In the mean time, feel free to view the pre show that aired a few weeks ago. http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/gallery/33/media/968/mwia2-nw-iowa-bucks-youth-preparation.html

1040-edit_3.jpg

1040-edit_4.jpg

A special thanks to Jason (Vaman), Onecam (Chris), and Chris' son, Chance for everything. Because we could not see where the doe entered the woods, we ended up finding blood and trailing the wrong way. When the trail came out to the field edge again 75 yards down we lost blood. It wasn't until after we spent 2 hours searching that we realized that we had started trailing where she exited the cover and went the wrong direction. Once we got on track we found her a short time later. The shot was slightly low but did the job.

If you have not experienced your child harvesting an animal, there is nothing like it. I would wish it on anybody!

Congrats Trentster! You are one awesome little hunter! 2 deer and 2 turkeys at 8 years old is rare and something to be proud of. I love you little man!:way:

We will be videoing Allison's quest for her first buck later this week, although I would'nt be surprised if she decides a doe is just too tempting.:D

*** The video is done. Jason did a great job! Click here to view it. http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/gallery/33/media/1178/mwia5-youth-season-action-river-scouting.html

Enjoy!

Last edited:
happiness is.... theres nothing like the look of satisfaction on a child and a parents face when they take an animal. The pics say it all. Congrats guys, and good luck the rest of the week.

That's AWESOME!!! I can't tell who's smile is bigger, but I think Trenton has dad beat by a touch! Way to go Trenton. Can't wait to meet you and your siblings someday soon!

Great story and those harvest photos are priceless! I can't wait to watch the video on Midwest Whitetail.

Trenton, way to go buddy! Only 8 years old and you've accomplished so much! You are leaps and bounds ahead of most people your age. Great job!

Congrats to both of you! :way:

Top Bottom