Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trying to Understand

I must say that PETA has raised a good question. All of us have had great responses. Since God was brought into the mix, by PETA, I assume he/she is a believer in God and His word! With that in mind, didn't God demand His people to sacrifice sheep in His name? Many other scriptures have been posted that give reasons why we hunt. We hunt to control the deer population. I am not a biologist, but too many deer will equal certain death in the most cruel and inhumane way! There would not be enough food sources to support wildlife if we did not hunt. Deer, like many animals in our wild midst would begin to over populate this fine earth leading to disease and death by starvation due to not having enough food sources. Look at things another way with regard to controlling the population. Deer-vehicle collisions are at an all-time high. We are also doing our part in helping control these accidents, which raises our insurance. This may not be a good argument for PETA, but it is the truth. We hunt because we love to. We hunt and make first-time killing shots to prevent animals from suffering. We feed the hungry right here in our own country with the meat from our harvests. We are like the Marines...PROUD.

Glad to see everyone is respecting each other's personal opinion in this post....I was afraid this one was going south out of the gate. Keep up the great responses.
Critter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well you are a pma member now you are automatically enterd in the big buck contest good luck. </div></div> /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

I get a twinge in my soul every time an animal gives up it's life at my hands. When I stop feeling that twinge, I will stop hunting/harvesting. Part of me knows death is wrong. The Almighty didn't start things that way. Because of our disobedience ,now somethings give up life, that others might live. If you are a vegetarian, even plants have to die. Our maker put the drive to collect food in us. "Modern" society has taken that responsibility away from most and put it in stores. Some choose to feed themselves, as well as spend time being a part of Nature again. So I,, am\pulled by two urges,,I don't like taking life,,but I do feel the need to feed, and I get satisfaction,,obtaining that food myself,,from a garden too.

Just out of curiosity, how much money does PETA spend each year for habitat improvement, such as CRP, trash clean up, timber improvement that benifits wildlife, wetlands restoration, native praire grass restoration, animal health studies.... shall I go on? VS The amount of money spend on MARKETING telling people what to do or not to do.

Just a question.

Genesis 27:3-5 Now then, get your quiver and bow and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.Prepare me the kind of tasty food i like and bring it to me to eat, so that i may give you my blessing before i die... p.s. hunting has been around forever and you people cant stop us anytime soon.. SHAKE N BAKE!!

PETA member, try to understand that we as stewards of this great earth are responsible to maintain it's health. Harvesting certain species is a huge part of that. Without our stewadship the habitat would change, such as certain plant species would be wiped out, disease would spread uncontrolled & cause long agonizing death or extinction of some species, highway fatalities would increase for the species as well as humans. Nature always has a way maintaining a healthy balance, since there are no saber tooth tigers anymore, man has to be the predator to control species such as deer to maintain a healthy balance in nature. We spend billions of dollars to maintain habitats which in turn is a big part of our economy.

The sportsman on this site have the upmost respect for our intended prey. Don't get me wrong, there are some people out there that do not respect wildlife & I do not refer to them as sportsman. I personnal love whitetail deer & respect them more than anything else. Our goal is to harvest deer to maintain a healthy balance by select harvesting. The reward is always having this great resource for all generations to come along with a healthy food source. I'd rather eat something I harvested myself & know it's organic & not pumped full of chemicals or raised in a pen with no daylight such a veil.

We are all entitled to our on veiws, if yours supports PETA's philosiphies than so be it, but don't try to take away our heritage & our responsibilty to manage wildlife on this great earth.

A bad day hunting? How can you have one of those? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
Closest thing I have to a "bad day hunting" is every day I go to work /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I too am a man of faith and everyone so far has posted very well and I agree with them. That said: If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made it taste so good to us. He has the power even now to make us not enjoy the flavor.

P.E.T.A., Just wondering what your stance on abortion is???

Are you Pro Life or Pro Choice???

Im just curious also since so many of you will fight for the life of an animal but not the life of an unborn child.

Jay

P.E.T.A.&gt; Some of the people in my life that I have called friends were animal rights activists, however not extremists.(yes you read that right). In my position as an avid hunter, I want others to respect my decisions and rights to hunt, and in return I understand that it is my duty to respect the views of those that believe it is somehow wrong, even if I strongly disagree. One thing through out these relationships I have learnt, is that we're not so different. A great love for nature, animals, and their being...an astonishment of this natural world if you will, is what we share...But at that all important fork in the road we just chose different paths. If you were to describe yourself as an animal lover, a defender of nature, someone who's purpose in life if to take every oppertunity to enjoy this magnificant, wonderfull world full of all its wildlife, and protect those things so they are there, and abundent for every generation to come to be able to enjoy....Unfotunatly you may be un-nerved because you have just described me too. I have no intentions to "enlighten" anyone, or try to force my views on them, nor do I feel the need to criticize your views like you have came on this forum and done to thousands of us. If knocking the fine sportsman of IW soehow makes you feel good, rightous, or accomplished, all the power to you, but you should research first the group you preech to. The members of IW have accomplished more, done more, will continue to do more for wildlife, land reclimation, establishing ethics, and outright protecting wildlife than your organization could ever dream of accomplishing. It might be hard for you to stomach, but if you take a good hard look I think you will see it.

P.s..Can you tell me why extremist organizations Like PETA, are so hipocritical? I have always wondered how an organization that is for the protection of every living creature in this great world can drive a car down a road and knowingly kill millions of gods creations as you call them, off your windshield and grill of your vehicle? Because if you are of your values like you state, dont try and tell me theres a difference. Like it says on your website, "a life is a life is a life, and all carry the same value, human or animal".

sounds dumb, but true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskbowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P.E.T.A.&gt; Some of the people in my life that I have called friends were animal rights activists, however not extremists.(yes you read that right). In my position as an avid hunter, I want others to respect my decisions and rights to hunt, and in return I understand that it is my duty to respect the views of those that believe it is somehow wrong, even if I strongly disagree. One thing through out these relationships I have learnt, is that we're not so different. A great love for nature, animals, and their being...an astonishment of this natural world if you will, is what we share...But at that all important fork in the road we just chose different paths. If you were to describe yourself as an animal lover, a defender of nature, someone who's purpose in life if to take every oppertunity to enjoy this magnificant, wonderfull world full of all its wildlife, and protect those things so they are there, and abundent for every generation to come to be able to enjoy....Unfotunatly you may be un-nerved because you have just described me too. I have no intentions to "enlighten" anyone, or try to force my views on them, nor do I feel the need to criticize your views like you have came on this forum and done to thousands of us. If knocking the fine sportsman of IW soehow makes you feel good, rightous, or accomplished, all the power to you, but you should research first the group you preech to. The members of IW have accomplished more, done more, will continue to do more for wildlife, land reclimation, establishing ethics, and outright protecting wildlife than your organization could ever dream of accomplishing. It might be hard for you to stomach, but if you take a good hard look I think you will see it.

P.s..Can you tell me why extremist organizations Like PETA, are so hipocritical? I have always wondered how an organization that is for the protection of every living creature in this great world can drive a car down a road and knowingly kill millions of gods creations as you call them, off your windshield and grill of your vehicle? Because if you are of your values like you state, dont try and tell me theres a difference. Like it says on your website, "a life is a life is a life, and all carry the same value, human or animal".

sounds dumb, but true. </div></div>

VERY WELL SAID!!!! Probly the best post on this thread.

Jay

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good Post Dean.</div></div>

This is CRAZY guys!!!!!! And a waste of our time. Lets hunt. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

Top Bottom