Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey breast on the grill recipe

Daver

PMA Member
Well even a blind sow finds an acorn every once in a while. :) I shot a turkey yesterday and I would like to cook the breasts on the grill. However, I have never done it that way, so I am looking for any advice that anyone can offer in terms of "how to" do it.

Does anyone have any turkey breast on the grill recipes that they would care to share?

We cut the breast into about 1" strips the whole length of it. Pound it with a tenderizer hammer and then layer it in a container and top with zesty Italian dressing after each layer. Put in fridge over night. Get grill nice and hot and sear it on both side to lock the juices in. I usually grill it on high heat with the lid open until done. Dip it in ranch dressing... It's delicious and easy!

Cut in strips thin enough that when u grill them, they are cooked thru quickly before the outside can get too dry. Marinate overnight in your fav flavor. I like terryaki. Just like venison, they get too dry in an instant cause they're so lean.

We cut the breast into about 1" strips the whole length of it. Pound it with a tenderizer hammer and then layer it in a container and top with zesty Italian dressing after each layer. Put in fridge over night. Get grill nice and hot and sear it on both side to lock the juices in. I usually grill it on high heat with the lid open until done. Dip it in ranch dressing... It's delicious and easy!

What airassault said. But if your into easy cut in 1/2" steaks put in bag with italian dressing overnight and grill. Little cajun seasoning if you like.

OK, thanks for the advice everyone. I went with the italian dressing marinade option and then on to the hot grill...it was TASTY! My wife even wants me to shoot another turkey! So you know it has to be a good recipe.

OK, thanks for the advice everyone. I went with the italian dressing marinade option and then on to the hot grill...it was TASTY! My wife even wants me to shoot another turkey! So you know it has to be a good recipe.

Nice.. Did you try dipping it in ranch? That's my favorite part! :)

1-2" strips put white pepper, cookies all purpose, wrap in bacon, put on grill for about 20min med-hi heat. Put BBQ sauce on the last five minutes one of my favorites.

I must be in the minority, but turkey breasts are TOUGH even when cutting against the grain to try and break down tissue. So, I have always stayed away from traditional cooking techniques or grilling (tried fajitas once and wasn't thrilled). My preferred method has always been frying. I clean and cut it into strips and soak in water for the remainder of the day. Switch it to buttermilk for the next two days. Then, before dipping them in the breading/batter I tenderize them like crazy! I then make my favorite wing sauces (honey BBQ and garlic parm, like Buffalo Wild Wings) toss the newly fried strips in the sauces and pig out with buddies with a few cold ones.

Yep, always cut your strips across the grain and pound out with meat hammer. I like Italian dressing or even olive oil with my own spices as marinade. Next day cut tenderized strips into 2" chunks, cut a pkg of thick cut smoked bacon in half. Wrap each piece of breast with 1/2 slice of bacon and poke through with tooth pick. Grill on low heat until bacon is crispy. The bacon grease helps keep the bird from drying out. Dip in ranch or BB-Q sauce. You will love it! They are even good cold the next day in the blind...if there are any leftovers! :)

Top Bottom