Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey Reaping / Fanning.

isu22andy

Anyone do it in Iowa? What kind of set ups are you using ? Was thinking about getting the Mojo scoot and shoot but wasnt impressed with the quality . Buddy says B mobile isnt anything to write home about . Any suggestions or experience in it in Iowa ?

I have a mojo scoot and shoot and I like it, I put a real fan in it and have killed every bird I've tried using it.

I saw the turkey fan.com thing at sportsmans unlimited in waukon and think that if I was to get anything other that a fan on an arrow. It would be that. It is huge though.

11c48wj.jpg
f44ids.jpg

Made this decoy for a whopping 30 bucks. Cost me 25 for the junk pretty boy that I used for the front. Re-painted the head, made a fan mount in the back, used an old carbon arrow so I could stick it in the ground with ease, used some athletic tape for grips Both these birds died the last weekend of 4th by one of my buddies who had never shot a bird in his life. Decoy had 5 toms shot over it last spring.

Last edited:
Ive done in a handful of times. Its a rush to say the least. I just have a butchered up b-mobile with a real fan on it.
It is beyond effective on the right bird but my only caution is to be very careful not to do it around other hunters and only in the wide open where any semi sane person would realize that your a person with a fan and not a turkey! Some folks are insane.
I killed my 4th season bird at about 6 steps last yr so all the footage you see is legit and be ready to defend yourself

Dried turkey fan on a stick worked to hide both my wife and I last year when she blasted hers from 7 yds at a dead run... Don't waste your money, IMO.

Normally calling isn't necessary but I had one that I crawled after while they he was with a hen and did not want to leave the hen. I just kept crawling and closed the distance but he never came in... until I hit him with a gobble on the mouth call. His head instantly changed colors, big attitude change, and he came charging! So calling while fanning them can help

My dad bought this. We will see how it works. Seems well built, a little bigger to hide behind and looks sweet.

www.turkeyfan.com

They need to make one of these with a big antelope, Liv! I can never get the Dutton decoy's stake in the rocky ground, far enough, when a goat decides to charge in.

I "reaped" the buck in my avatar with a miss November. Was an adrenaline rush /nervousness that's hard to explain - Can't wait to try this with some thunder chickens!!

Top Bottom