Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey Report: What's going on out there!

Iowaide

First day in the field this morning. Cool yet very nice. Unfortunately the birds were really quiet where I was hunting. Hopefully the warm up this week will get things going. I didn't even really see any field birds yet. I guess it is early but I can't wait to get into some real action! What are they doing elsewhere?

I got skunked this morning...lot of gobbles...lots of strutting...hit the ground and went the other way. Buddy of mine called one in around 9:00 and drilled him. Heading back out after work.

I had the decoys out and was sitting down inside the Doublebull next to the timber at 5:24 am. At 5:35 am, the Toms started gobbling all over the timber. I cracked a smile in anticipation of what was sure to be a sweet morning. 5:46 am, two guys with guns walked past my blind at about 50 yards and entered the timber. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif I'm pretty confident that I was the only one with permission......

Figured what the heck, I'm here, so sat until 11:30. I saw one hen all morning. Toms hit the ground and shut up. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Awesome morning, birds were gobblin like crazy they hit the ground on the other side of the draw and strutted the A$$es off. With a litte sweet talkin they came across the draw just to slip by. It seems that i didnt let the matrix dry out after saturdays youth hunt and Ill be damned if it didnt freeze this morning. Just need to slide the window down 3 inces and a bird would die but instead of spooking them with the crackling of a frozen blind we let them go. An hour later one came back and my buddy Josh put an arrow in him at 7 flippin STEPS from the blind. It rocked. Cant wait untill tomorrow.

It was a great morning, birds did everything right, just the shooter of the group I was with didn't get it done (ok, I was the shooter). This is my first year trying them with a bow, and I launched one right under neath a biggun. O well, headed back out in a bit.

had about 10 gobblin in the roost this morning. All flew down to another field except one. He came in and I screwed up.
Good morning though with all those birds gobblin.

Same thing this morning. Had a mess of'em gobblin and they flew down to the neighbors field. Gonna stop by his place this afternoon and see if I can hunt it this season yet.

Top Bottom