Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Typical or non-typ

Thinkin Rut

PMA Member
My BIL found this shed that went into the 80's if scored as a typical. I tend to think the G2 and G3 would be considered a G2 and a non-typical point...what do you think?
986-092.jpg

986-093.jpg

986-094.jpg

I believe your right. that would be considered a common base point making the g3 a nontypical point. Hell of a shed by the way

I would have an official scorer look at it. I think it will go as typ. Being the
G2 and G3 are coming off the top of the antler with bases on both G's.

If you can imagine cutting both tines free from the main beam along the top line of the main beam, the resulting figure would determine normal or abnormal. if the figure is a (8) then both are normal, If it is a (C or O) one point has to be considered abnormal.
The one attached to the main beam is normal.
My call is the G-2 is the one closest to the tip of the main beam the other is abnormal..
They are only "Common base" if they are both attached to the main bean and you have the (8)

Non typical. I would imagine that the tine your brother is calling the G3 would actually be the G2 and the other one would be the non typical. JMO.
Awesome shed though!

If you can imagine cutting both tines free from the main beam along the top line of the main beam, the resulting figure would determine normal or abnormal. if the figure is a (8) then both are normal, If it is a (C or O) one point has to be considered abnormal.
The one attached to the main beam is normal.
My call is the G-2 is the one closest to the tip of the main beam the other is abnormal..
They are only "Common base" if they are both attached to the main bean and you have the (8)
That's a great way to explain it...where did you come up with that?

You can have common base typical points, but for both to be considered typical, when you take your circumference measurement between them you cannot go over point base material, if it does than one of them has to be a non-typ. point.

Top Bottom