Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ultimate Turkey Packing

DWilk

I know a lot of guys on here have Badlands 2200s, and I know even more have Double Bull or some kind of collapsable blind, so my question is:

How do you properly pack in your blinds? (pictures would be awesome!) .... And how do you all prefer to pack in turkey gear in general?

I know this has been posted on here before, but I sure can't find it.

some of the guys strap everything to a 2 wheeled golf cart, and drag everything in that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a pack mule /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

You ARE a pack mule...

Picture this, because I don't have a picture /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I strap the blind and chair on the Bad Lands 2200. I typically do not keep the blind in the bag due to fast access.

After that is all strapped up, I lay my pretty boy on top of the blind. I then connect my chest strap on my turkey vest and put it over the blind almost as if the blind is wearing the turkey vest and this will be over the pretty boy as well to secure it.

I then take the waist strap of the turkey vest and wrap it around the Badlands and connect it. I have found this will securely hold the pretty boy in place.(pretty boy is inbetween the blind and turkey vest) I will then stuff all my hen decoys in the backside of the turkey vest. I then carry the pretty boy's tail fan. It works great, Everything is right on the pack!!

I have the golf cart as well, it sucks unless you have a open field.

We'll take 3 or 4 blinds out the weekend before and set them up in some of the areas that we know are usually good, or where we've seen birds staging up. Usually will leave a couple of hen/jake decoys in each one, and then only have to drag in our weapon and any other gadgets we want on opening day. Seems to make getting out there and set up early in the morning a little easier.

iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>PMA Memberships & Renewals </span> and <span style='font-size: 17pt'>IBA Memberships & Renewals</span>

hoofline.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWilk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a lot of guys on here have Badlands 2200s, and I know even more have Double Bull or some kind of collapsable blind, so my question is:

How do you properly pack in your blinds? (pictures would be awesome!) .... And how do you all prefer to pack in turkey gear in general?

I know this has been posted on here before, but I sure can't find it. </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>PMA Members receive Priority Tech Support</span>!</span> /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

This works pretty good for me.
3981_015.jpg

You can see that the DB Matrix is secured on the cart first in this photo. However I have secured the DBB by the bat wings on the Badlands 2200 then placed it on the cart. All of the decoys are in the Badlands pack.

Just pull the cart as far as you can, then shoulder the pack for the remaining distance to your desired set up.

I am now using a deer cart to transport, I really like the large wheels.

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

That's pretty slick.

So the 2 batwings on the 2200 can hold the blind securely without busting the clips?

my best spots, i drive my truck in early, dump all my crap out, drive the truck back to the road, and hike back in, and set up. i need more spots like this!

Hey thanks Limb! That's really what I was wondering about; whether all you had to do was use the clips to secure the blind in the pack.

I appreciate the ideas fellas /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I like the idea of the deer cart Blake..........I've got one I never use anymore....until now. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>PMA Memberships & Renewals </span> and <span style='font-size: 17pt'>IBA Memberships & Renewals</span>

hoofline.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CRITRGITR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the idea of the deer cart Blake..........I've got one I never use anymore....until now. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

The deer cart really works great Jamie; those larger wheels make all the difference. Much better than the small wheels wheels on the pull type golf cart. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

Check out the BLIND HOG..
I bought mine right off of the BIGHORN outdoors website..

Blind Hog Backpack

I like it alot.. Packs two chairs, a blind (even the biggest with ease), your bow, decs, and other pockets for the rest of your crap. I know there is not much on the market really like it except for the "wild thing" that is well over $200.

I got this with shipping for under $100. Very durable and comfortable. It was hard to find but once I saw it I had to get it!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Im kinda wandering how to add dekes to your pack.

Packing the blind and chair in is the easy part, full body dekes are my problem when Im hunting alone.

Buy the time I strap my pretty boy on Im about as deep as I am tall.(including gut which works as a counter balance)
grin.gif
Which makes it hard to move through the dark woods in the morning quitly.

I may be wrong but I think the best setup takes two hunters to make it easier to pack in all the gooood stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Packing the blind and chair in is the easy part, full body dekes are my problem when Im hunting alone.

</div></div>

10-4 on that. I strap the PB/PG deke bag onto the backside of the pack. I pretty sure I look like a Buick walking through the woods but it doesn't do too bad with banging against stuff when back there.

Top Bottom