Uncle Rico Got a Face Lift

Limb Chicken

Well paint chipping off of Carry lite product is pretty much par for the course so I got out the paint and gave him a new look. Handsome devil isn't he... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Rico.JPG

What kind of paint did you use? Some of my decoys could use a tune up. By the way it looks great. Thanks!

Nope, just a brush and gouache. He isn't complete yet but close. I am going to see how the birds react to the red on the waddles and if it is not as favorable he is going all white again.

Looks like you had your artistic juices flowing Limb! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Looks good Limb! I put red on mine last year and i had no problems with the birds coming into it.

MOhunter,
It is a paint used by graphic artists which is what I do. It probably isn't the best paint to use but I had some left over from back in the day... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good Limb! I put red on mine last year and i had no problems with the birds coming into it. </div></div>

I did the same to my B-Mobile and had no problems.

I think I've seen that deek in a magazine somewhere. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Looks good Limb! I think turkey on a stick will be the result. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Limb, you got a time machine so we could go back and see what Uncle Rico used to look like. Probably could have been state champion decoy! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Looks good.

Hey Chicken, do you attach a string or anything to him to make him dance??

just curious, i have heard people say they think movement actually spooks birds, and the opposite as well.

just curious what you did

Is paint water based or oil based limb? Any suggestions on what type to use? I have access to both kinds, just curious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good Limb! I put red on mine last year and i had no problems with the birds coming into it. </div></div>

I can think of 3 birds that it scared the heck out of. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Back