Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Under armour - ridge reaper

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
Who has a set of the under armour ridge reaper gear? I am lookin for a cold weather set and wondering if first of all, this stuff is legit, and second, which kind should a guy get? They are not very clear with their marketing inu opinion.

Looking at the ayton bibs, vrs the speed freak set, and the ridge reaper rut stuff.

Last edited:
Nick, I bought a set last winter from scheels, (UA storm) it has not been cold enough yet to try it. I too would be interested in any reviews or opinions.

Another thing, if you do buy UA, if it has the orange highlights I don't believe it has their scent control system, the clothing with the green highlights does! Fyi

I stay relatively warm all year with the right base layers regardless of what I use. However, Last year I bought UA Atyon series, and liked it enough that this year I bought the UA SpeedFreek stuff with Infrared Technology. I must say, its for sure warmer the couple times I wore it.. No real input other than that, starting next week I can get you a more detailed outlook on it!

I've notice UA to be a form fitting jacket in general. Mine seems to be very warm, but I don't wear it for deer hunting since I doesn't have scent control.

I have the rut jacket with the infrared cold stuff. It is the real deal, very form fitting and not the slightest bit bulky. I got mine off ebay for $159

Last edited:
I use the rut jacket and pants with base layers and a UA hoodie and stay plenty warm! If you're really a hunter that gets cold easily the UA treestand hunter base layers should help! I'm different it takes a lot for me to layer up because I hate bulky clothing so ill wear early season stuff as long as possible and usually UA liner gloves well into late season!

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/ua-cgi-sc-rut-windproof-jkt/pid1247869-905 This is what we talked about Nick. The Rut suit is legit. With a hoodie and the treestand base layer, you'll be golden
I got lucky, last year after the season, for some reason scheels had the coat and pants marked Down to 79 a piece... I'm kicking myself for not buying both of the sets. I haven't tried them in cold temps but I will say that I am 6'6 and the pants fit very well. That's something I've always had a problem with

With UA you need to measure your self and go by there size chart or it will be to small same for Sitka Gear I learned the hard way

After reading this today I stopped by our local Gander Mountain after work and got myself one! Feels super warm and I am super stoked to try it out! I normally wear a small jacket in almost everything however I got a medium and it fits a hoodie under it perfectly!

As a quick side note question.. Anyone know what the two sideways pockets on the back on the inside are for? Hand warmers maybe?

The back pockets are for hand warmers. You'll be amazed how much body heat you can retain when you apply warmers to your kidneys.

Awesome ill definitely be putting those to good use, however i'd appreciate it if you guys didn't talk up a product so much to where it makes me want one..my bank account would appreciate it ;)

I ended up buying the infrared rut suit coat and pants, and then got a set of Minus 33 expedition merino wool base layers. They should be here today or tomorrow! Cant wait to sweat my butt off climbing the hills in them :D

So just curious....what kind of cold are you guys talking about? Are we talking being nice and warm in 10 degrees or 30 degrees?

I've used the Rut suit during the late archery and muzzleloader seasons. Never really had any issues with getting cold even on some negative 10-20 degree days. Just the base layers, UA hoodie, and UA Rut suit. But I don't get really cold very easily when it comes to hunting.

So just curious....what kind of cold are you guys talking about? Are we talking being nice and warm in 10 degrees or 30 degrees?
Also interested, I would like to get some new coats and pants but this rut suit looks really light

Top Bottom