Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Unemployed?

We started working 32 hr. weeks last week. We are slow this time of year anyway, but are manufacturing customers are really slow. Most are vendors to the construction trade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunt iowa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Times ARE tough with NO end in sight.

If I were younger, I would head for North Dakota. There are jobs of ALL kinds. If you are breathing and come to work opportunities are unlimited. At last check there were 20,000 openings in every field.

I been there and saw it with my own eyes.

The state has a one and a half BILLION dollar surplus in the state treasury. </div></div>

This is 100% true..

Most businesses in our state are looking for workers...

Alot of jobs were created when the oil boom started, and most of the workers came from within the state, creating a lot of job vacancies..

The state surplus is also true.....this is also due to the Oil boom...

If you are looking for a job, we could use you up here!!!!

The oil boom is absolutely stunning in its implications. However much oil is in North Dakota, the real important thing is that the technology is being used EVERYWHERE. 95 per cent in the old oil patch is NOW available!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is NO NO NO shortage of crude oil available domesticaly.

Learn about it at: Bakken play, Three Forks-Sannish, Look in oil fields reentered. There is MORE. The North Dakota crude is of such GOOD quality it will run diesel engines straight out of the ground.

I have stood on drilling sites in North Dakota. I have a GOOD friend in Oklahoma who has had oil companies beating his door down for leasing the mineral rights under his ranch.

We DO need refineries and pipelines to move the oil.

PM me if you have any questions. I can answer some but nit all of course.

60+ hours a week,6 days a week here.Sounds good don't it? If you want hours,just sell cars. The down side is it's 100% commision.So you get the benefit of never being home and making less than $300 a week. I tried getting out,but there is to many people looking for work.Feels weird getting financial support from the wife after 18 years of being the bread winner.I wonder every day how long she will carry me.

Its bad all over ,a friend of mine said his company cut half the district office , offered them a severence, you took it, or got less if you didnt, and still lost your job.Hourly jobs got cut, and if you were working scheduled overtime the past 10 yrs, no more, 35-40 hrs max.
what i havent heard, are the upper mgt- cuts, why are these people still using company cars to drive across town?free car, free phone , free gas, lets cut some of that.Instead of a bonus of this ( your only going to get this)and a salary cut. I feel it should start at the top and work down, not visa versa.
I love racing, but im disturbed after watching the sprint cup ( nascar) saturday night.Im watching cars drive around with sponsers on the side that have laid off employees trying to make a living, and these large companies can still afford to pile money into a race car and gamble that it doesnt get wrecked week after week??And if it does, still pay that team thousands of dollars for coming in last?If this is true, its sicking, then sprint cup needs to also look at their pay schedule, ticket prices ect.I Truley, dont see it getting better anytime soon, but , if we as citizens need to feel this crunch and make sacrifices for our families,i would hope that every business( corporation)would look at ways to save,cut, starting at the top not at the bottom, or middle from the workers that made them the companies they have become.Hang in there iowabucks,were all in this together!

I'm a sheet metal worker and I have been realy struggling to get my hours in the last month or so, been home 2 days this week. I'm pretty used to that this time of year though. We actually have quite a bit of work coming up this spring and summer just have to hang on till it gets here. There has been a lot of stuff out there to bid yet but people have really been cutting there costs to get work. Our shop is real slow, laid off about 25 so far. Some will be back though. We also do a lot of cutting, forming, and welding for Cat and Deere and that stuff has really slowed down. Hope it gets better soon.

Very tough times for sure throughout Iowa. Fortunately for me and my family our traffic control and line striping business is doing OK. We are actually hiring laborers, equipment operators, and painters in our home office in Slater and our branch in the Council Bluffs/Omaha area. Feel free to PM me if you would like information. Good luck to everybody who has found some hard times in this very tough economy right now.

i work with a guy that came to work and said that his brother and 25 guys were let go from their positions, no notice , nothing. they were residential electricians for a realestate company.Thats scary, people arnt building, and wont as long as things continue.Whats really caused this recession, the war in Iran,?Do we need to spend billions of dollars to clean up their mess-- twice?we cant live off our oil reserves? what else am i missing thats got our economy in the shape that its in?All of our companies are forced now to cut ( unnessasary expenses )if we had been doing that all along and cutting overhead, would we still be in the shape were in?If every company looked at salaries,VPS, excecs, are they taking cuts in their bonuses or salary?just a thought. Not trying to make this thread a political debate, but this recession seems to be effecting middle- low class people, not the upper. I get a kick when i read the paper, and they want to raise licence fees on all trailers, licence fees to hunt-fish, raise stamps, this is our locals raising this stuff when i question if they cut any side fat to keep this from happening. quit buying stamps, pay your bills on line.It seems to me they target the sportman, truck fees, trailer, atv, hunting- habitate,fishing. Do they target us because they know we'll pay to do what we love?they raise these fees annually, but still dont have the money to maintain lakes, parks ect, i dont get it, wheres that money going?Maybe these people need to be elected officials because its clear, that someones not managing our money to its potential.Any thoghts , chime in, i just get upset when i hear of hard working people losing their jobs yet our government wants to raise fees instead of looking into corporate bonuses, salaries ect.How many CEITECS are going on right now??

Top Bottom