Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weather for the upcoming weekend?

Charger5

I was looking at the 7 day forecast for central Iowa and the high looks like it will be around 70 for this weekend. Lows still look like they will dip to anywhere from 50s into the 30s. How is this going to impact deer movement with it heating up? Or won't it matter much?

Might slow down mid day movement a little. Looks like a cold front moving in after Saturday though, high of 41 on Sunday. Should be good hunting both days. I guess in my book there is no such thing as bad hunting. :)

definitely will want to be hunting the river bottoms or any other water source with the temps this whole week and into saturday.

Might slow down mid day movement a little. Looks like a cold front moving in after Saturday though, high of 41 on Sunday. Should be good hunting both days. I guess in my book there is no such thing as bad hunting. :)

Yep! Sounds like a pretty major front too if the weather guess holds up. Saturday highs near 70 here & Sunday high of 36. Hopefully the wind isn't blowing 50 mph. But it's coming on the 11th, which in the past for me has been 'The Day' that the switch turns in my area and the front should only help out.
But you got it right....the best time to go hunting is when you can!!!

Weather is only going to mess up a does' cycle only so much. When they are ready to breed, they are ready. Don't matter if it's 70 degrees or 30. When they are ready, it's time to be in the woods. And hey, who wouldn't want to actually be warm in their stand or blind when the rut is cranked up. Sure beats freezing your ass off.

Had a dissapointing weekend with very little action at all hope it heats up bigtime friday and sunday my only 2 days too hunt! :mad:

I whole heartily agree that any day in the stand, is better that anything else!

I was only able to get out the first weekend in OCT then most likely this will be my last weekend for bow hunting, so I was just curious.. Plan on doing an all day sit Fri/Sat/Sun

Weather is only going to mess up a does' cycle only so much. When they are ready to breed, they are ready. Don't matter if it's 70 degrees or 30. When they are ready, it's time to be in the woods. And hey, who wouldn't want to actually be warm in their stand or blind when the rut is cranked up. Sure beats freezing your ass off.

I don't think it affects their cycle at all, but I do think it affects the movement you see during the daytime.
But I agree....all things being equal I'd rather be comfortable than frozen! :way:

Top Bottom