WHAT A NIGHT!!!!

Nebraska_hunter

Ok first things first. I went to the Doc this morning cuz i had surgery on my knee about a month ago and had to have it drained. After i saw the size of the needle i had second thoughts about sitting in the stand this evening. Well it was around 6 ( i know its late but it was the only time i could get any free time) i was walking down the stairs and had my knee pop and i about fell to the ground. I had my bow case so it helped me from falling. Ok anyway that wasnt such a good afternoon. Well i get out to the stand and spooked 3 does, thought ok well thats a good sign kinda cuz had some deer out. Well got into the stand and didnt even get my release on and had a doe about 75 yards come out and start to eat. Around 7:15 i saw something moving on the fence line.Well i saw horns and if i can see horn at the distance he was at he had to be a nice one. Well after looksing threw the binoculars (sp) i knew he had to be an EASY 140". I kept watching him untill he went into the evergreens. A couple min. later i saw a doe come out onto the road and walk into more evergreens and sure enough he was following her. I thougt ok if she comes down the road he is sure to follow. Well she kept going strait. (This is where the good part happens) I had my sunglasses on my lap and a knife i had in my pocket. Well i had my camera and stood up to take a picture of him and sure enough my glasses and my knife fall out of my lape onto the stand and strait to the ground. I looked up and he was staring right at me and all i could do was think of every name to call myself after that STUPID mistake i did. I should have known better! I guess everyone has a day when something wrong happens and today was my day. Just thought i would share my storie with you guys. Ill be going out again sometime this week so hopefully i didnt spook him outta the area. Or what are your thought about it. Do you think he is spooked enough not to come back?

[ QUOTE ]
I guess everyone has a day when something wrong happens

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the truth
smirk.gif

Not sure about him coming back...goodluck though

Back