Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what attractant scent do you swear by???

sethgade280

Looking at getting new doe piss. Any out there that are tried and true?? I have used many kinds and have mixed results with them all. If I am going to go through the effort in using it......what scents to you guys use?

Thanks in advance for the replys.

Seth

Wildlife Research Center Trails End #307, not an estrous scent, not sure how to explain it other than similar to black licorice.

I use VS-1 and Deer herd in a stick as a cover scent. Heavnt had a deer blow out on me in two years and have had them dead down wind multiple times. I once watched a buck make 6 scrapes along the edge of a feild, in every spot where i had rubbed my foot in the grass ( I apply VS-1 to my feet before i walk in), Walked right to my tree.... unfortunatly it wasnt a shoot but pretty cool stuff. Draw back.... its very expensive.

James valley wallhanger and Buck fever synthetics. .Guess these guys kinda like it too

ForumRunner_20111022_221237.jpg

ForumRunner_20111022_221256.jpg

ForumRunner_20111022_221327.jpg

this app is awesome IW

I quite using pee type scents years ago, too many deer on alert.

Hands down, Buck Fever Synthetics has been really successfull for me. Use it for homemade scrapes every year and have consistent visits every year. (That was when I could hunt before moving out of country)

Would like to try Deer heard in a stick when I get back

Ol Drop Tyne is the freshest you can buy. You order it, they collect it and send it to you within a couple days of your order. Seriously, I wasn't much into scents until I started using this stuff, and there is a remarkable difference. No preservatives, just STRAIGHT-UP fresh scent take from deer in their estrous cycle and shipped to your door....

www.oldroptyne.com
or
www.doetodoor.com

Mrs Doe Pee wont do squat with wilderness bucks. Tried it for two seasons and had zero results. Tinks works good where I hunt, however, I pretty much use James Valley exclusively now. Last year after I killed a buck I dumped a bunch of Tinks synthetic onto a scrape and hung a camera over it, This would have been last Nov 12th. Two months later I pulled the camera and there wasnt a single buck photo, only a few does. This had been a hot scrape prior to me adding the synthetic.

All this using scents or calls or whatever, sometimes works for some,some or most times does not work for others. All deer are different and many factors come into play. The biggest is if your deer are human educated and suspicious or not. There is always the dumb one or the buck that throws caution to the wind, once for being sex crazed. I have tried numerous products, can't say any worked magic. Deer around me are hunted and cautious. Best policy,,be quiet,least smelly as possible,encourage the does to hang around,,and let the deer do the scent dropping grunting,rattling,,and whatever else they want to do.

Top Bottom