Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What got you Hooked?

blake

Life Member
I thought perhaps it would be interesting to see how you first found out about iowawhitetail?

For me it all started back in 1998 when I read an article in Petersons Hunting that mentioned iowawhitetail.com. So being from Iowa, I immediately went to the computer to check it out.

I now spend a lot of time at my computer.

I just randomly typed in iowawhitetail.com once and this site popped up.. I thought it was cool. This was back in like 2000 to 2002 sometime.. I've had a couple different user names... (SEIOWABUCKMASTER, and Bill_Scott) I never used to get on much or post much. I just liked to get on once in a while to read posts. Now that I'm gone and can't bowhunt this year, this is about as close as I can get to home.

ReleaseHunter said:
Gone? Are you in the military AIRASSAULT?

Yep... Been deployed to Egypt since March.. I get to go home for Thanksgiving and First Shotgun Season though on a 15 day leave.. I can't even explain how excited I am. If I don't even shoot a deer, it will be worth the $1500 plane ticket just to see the family and friends and get away from freaking sand.

I was in college doing a report for a class and was looking for a picture of a large buck. I typed in iowa whitetail in google and this site popped up. This was spring 2001. I checked the site out, but was apart of a different message board at the time. Spring 2003 that site got some bad members that ran everyone off and I was seraching for a new home. Over the couple of years I'd check in on this site but never created an account or posted anything up. In the fall of 2003 I created an account (turt_L_shell) to look at pictures but still never posted. I job bounced for a bit and when I finally settled back in Iowa and became comfortable with my job(aka knowing I had some time to tool-round on the net w/o getting fired) I made an account. After five-six months I took the PMA plunge and have never looked back.

I had to make a new account because I couldn't remember the passowrd for my other account...which I've since remembered GO FIGURE.

Saw it on the computer at work while a buddy was looking things over. This was in 99 or 00, I didn't sign up until 01. Good poll Blake.

From a fellow hunter, who told me there was such a place where there were many more with the same sickness we shared....He was right! And I feel a little better sharing when I know there arent 2500 sask residents eyes looking at pics and following a guy around...Sounds dumb, but it happens here often. Saskatchewan, home of big deer, and very lazy hunters!>

I think I saw it in the iowa sportsman but not sure. Typed it in and found this vast wealth of knowledge. Since then I added the PMA and an IBA membership. I was on deer and deer hunting forumn but didn't really care about things in every other state. So here I am.

I saw it on IO and came over to check it out just a couple days ago and haven't left....and may never leave :drink2:

Thanx for the great site
matt

I was on another site quite abit and stumbled across this one doing a search on Iowa whitetails one day. Haven't looked back since.

Top Bottom